fans

sausagetrunks

Who actually believes we can't play in front of large crowds?  I cant get my head around this, for me its the biggest load of shite, so its only Rangers players who cant play in front of fans. i see these wankers in the media and ex players saying this. for me its a pile of shite. 

Last night we looked tired after 30 mins, leggie and mistakes started creeping in. its not the fans, the fans were brilliant last night, for me there is too many players not at it and we dont look like a fit team. 

There’s definitely a psychological element to the players fucking up when they are favourites, I don’t think it’s the fans.

The kick in the balls in the cups last year and now 3 losses out of our first 4 games, when we were expected to win all 4. I don’t know if they have become complacent following 55 or what but it needs sorted and fast. Leadership on and off the park required.

Obviously it’s not true but the more the players play like they have been then the more it’ll get talked about and will eventually start putting pressure on themselves.

So they players and management really need to have a good long hard look at themselves in the next few days and sort themselves out.

Its not playing in front of fans, its the expectation to win a big game with a lot riding on it

When you think about it, how many big games has gerrards teams won that they were expected to and not via a bit of luck, 

And how many have we lost, or fluked a win and been utterly turgid shite in 

I think it has more to do with a few players in this team can't handle a pressure situation. We lost to St Mirren & St Johnstone under pressure with no crowds.

Most of it is just tarrier noise to deflect. We won 54 titles with crowds, it's a rubbish suggestion.

I don't think its that we can't play with fans, I do think thought that , during the Gerrard era when we have faced a bit of adversity we do crumble (Braga aside)

1st half when 1-0 up Tav is bombing on trying to get in behind the Malmo defence, 

2nd half when 2-1 Tav is taking the easy option to pass inside to Goldson 95% of the time! Due to the fear of giving it away.

Borna, Aribo the other 2 that take the same approach, when things aren't going to plan

3 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

When you think about it, how many big games has gerrards teams won that they were expected to and not via a bit of luck, 

And how many have we lost, or fluked a win and been utterly turgid shite in 

If you have thought about it then let us know.

3 minutes ago, NL said:

If they think that, they should look that again, again, and again.

To change the narrative, how many points did we drop before that game to ensure regardless of what happened that day Celtic would still be champions anyway?  With fans or not. 

Anyway, regardless I think it’s clear in the past players haven’t dealt with the pressure of playing for Rangers too well, they dealt with it last season and so far they haven’t dealt with it this season.  What’s the common denominator?  We’ll find out all this soon enough, but the last three games aren’t looking good for this so called “tarrier myth”.

16 minutes ago, peter huistra said:

The atmosphere created last night was electric, especially at our goal. If anything the players will want that buzz again. 

Maybe, but do you know what else was loud?  The groans at every misplaced pass, the shouting at every time the ball was gave away or every poor shot on goal and the boo’s at full time.   Doubt they’ll be keen to experience that again, but if tough games happen it will happen again. Let’s see how they react too it.

16 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Anyway, regardless I think it’s clear in the past players haven’t dealt with the pressure of playing for Rangers too well, they dealt with it last season and so far they haven’t dealt with it this season.  What’s the common denominator?  We’ll find out all this soon enough, but the last three games aren’t looking good for this so called “tarrier myth”.

I'm really starting to believe, for one reason or another that the ones saying it's a tarriers myth are burying their heads in the sand. 2 seasons in a row we didn't lose narrowly but absolutely capitulated when in a decent to strong position in the league. Mentally strong teams do not do that. 

Last season literally everything that could have went wrong for that mob did and we capitalised big style. Now we have a team defending the title and they look almost terrified to play the way we all know they can. 

We are now at the stage where our next 2 league games away to Ross county which could be a similar game to last weekend then an old firm game could literally make or break our season which is a scary thought this early in the season 

The performance last night, we have seen that kind of performance before even without crowds in Europe and in the cups last season.  

I don't buy into the crowds affecting. I do think but there is a vulnerability in this sqaud mentally when things start going wrong in a game. 

I said it last night as a quip, but no, I don't believe it at all.

Malmo did their homework, Rangers didn't....or at least they didn't have a plan B if it fell apart. I would also believe that they are not remotely match fit....this definitely needs addressed amongst application etc 

Disappointed at most of them. The lack of desire to win, passion and determination is well versed to two seasons ago. No good at all. They need to get their head out of the sand and pull their big boy pants up.