*****Official Sparta Prague v Champions Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

I know. I’m not saying we are actually above it or that we are better than other teams in and around it. Just that the wind came out the sails after Malmö. It just doesn’t feel exciting. No butterflies or anything. Just another run of the mill European tie.

Contrast the Lyon atmosphere vs some of the earlier Gerrard EL ones. 

Know what you mean but disagree about the excitement bit, I love this competition.

We are a EL team and will be probably for a long time barring next season if we win the league after that Uefa changes the competition structures I’m sure. 

There definitely does feel like a Euro hangover, I think most of the fans, management and players felt we’d get into the CL. we’re definitely not above the level we’re playing at though and it’d be good to to try and continue to establish ourselves as  regular team in the latter stages of the EL

53 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It feels a bit below us to be honest. Think the come down of not making the champions league has been reflected in both the atmosphere & performances. 

Obviously still hoping / expecting a result, but won’t be flying off the handle like I would be if we lost at the weekend. 

Can understand being disappointed at not being in the CL, but to say the EL is below us is delusional haha.