Gerrard Reaction

Sunglasses Ron

39 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

No idea where he gets the we went for it in the last 15 mins from. 

We were passing it around the back 4 and keeper with 5 minutes to go there was fuck all urgency. 

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

Katic was his whipping boy iirc

I could be reading to much into this but I remember Ross mcrorie doing a interview and they asked who his best friend at the club was and he said katic. I was surprised as katic wasn't here that long and then seen how both have been treated I wonder if something has happened behind the scenes. 

I'm as infuriated at the way we're playing right now as the next Bear and while i don't share the Manager's views on tonight , or any other game this season for that matter , i've never seen a whole team go off the boil the way this Rangers team has this season so far which makes me think that there's something going on that none of us are aware of.

Covid? We know about that. Injuries? Yea we know about that too. In this day and age it's bound to happen but for me if a whole team goes off the boil at once and looks absolutely bereft of ideas then something isn't right.

One thing I do know is we simply can't keep up this form and expect to win anything. Everyone is looking at us right now and saying this Rangers team can be got at and that should be a concern.

8 minutes ago, rangersross said:

These relationships always have a shelf-life. Gerrard and his team’s ideas achieved the big goal: they won us a league against the odds. It was hopeless when they came in. We were managed by Graeme fucking Murty. Now we’re on a much stronger footing. All we need is for Gerrard to deliver a league title from a position of strength over an awful celtic team. That’s it - mission accomplished. Then I think it’s time for a new manager to come in. Not because I don’t love Gerrard and what he’s done for us but because it’s the right time for a change. 

Do you think the board would be ambitious with a new appointment or go with a cheap option....... we would probably end up with Derek fucking McInnes.

28 minutes ago, rangersross said:

These relationships always have a shelf-life. Gerrard and his team’s ideas achieved the big goal: they won us a league against the odds. It was hopeless when they came in. We were managed by Graeme fucking Murty. Now we’re on a much stronger footing. All we need is for Gerrard to deliver a league title from a position of strength over an awful celtic team. That’s it - mission accomplished. Then I think it’s time for a new manager to come in. Not because I don’t love Gerrard and what he’s done for us but because it’s the right time for a change. 

Always think this 3 or 4 seasons max for players an they get stale need a new challenge.Management team must be the same.People is jobs are the same you need a new challenge in a new surrounding.It’s just life

1 minute ago, The Archer said:

Always think this 3 or 4 seasons max for players an they get stale need a new challenge.Management team must be the same.People is jobs are the same you need a new challenge in a new surrounding.It’s just life

Walter Smith?

Interesting to see BT Sport finally playing the other part of the Interview with Gerard that was unceremonially cut short to switch to the taig hammering but yet again cut short as they played it right at the end of their programme.

Suffice to say he was unaware of the booing from the fans specifically targetting Glen Kamara because of the intensisty of the game but he did remark if it were true then its ( I paraphrase) terrible.

He then went onto complain that its a joke that they even had a crowd in when of course they were ordered to play without fans. He wasn't surprised by the allegations as this country never learns, its an obvious problem in eastern europe and UEFA does nothing. This is of course my own paraphrasing giving my memory is shite and I have been drinking tonight but I must say, it was a far better interview than the one he gave to the official clubs channel imo.

55 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Head in the sand pish.

He got it wrong. He didn't change what he got wrong. His team didn't perform at anything like the required level.

It's nights like this that will tarnish his legacy.

His legacy ? In his fourth season and has won the grand total of one trophy !

55 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

Do you think the board would be ambitious with a new appointment or go with a cheap option....... we would probably end up with Derek fucking McInnes.

I have no idea who we’d go for. If we’re looking at local options, I think Callum Davidson and Jack Ross would probably get an interview. 

I have been waiting all season after almost every game to hear him say, it just wasn’t good enough. I can’t understand why he isn’t being honest because either he’s lying, or he genuinely believes what he’s saying. Both scenarios are equally worrying. I get that he doesn’t want to keep throwing players under the bus publicly, but at some stage he has to give a post match interview where if it’s been shite, he owns it. Just to be clear, I still thing Gerrard is the right man for the job but I’m worried that it’s all getting a bit stale. I’m hoping that a few decent displays will get everyone going in the same direction. I cheered myself up by watching the Tarriers getting pumped, so that’s a small positive I’m taking from tonight. If we win the back to backs against Brondby, we’re back in it, if we don’t,we’re fucked. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

We keep talking about the players looking disinterested. But how interested is Gerrard? He seems to have lost his mojo.

He refuses to comment on the game as it was played and looks for deflection every time.

Focus seems to be lost so far this season with the team. Gerrard needs to kick some balls as this is the big one as far as bringing in the cash with automatic Champions League. He seems blind to our issues and is covering too many arses. It’s time he tasered some cunts on the team and get us back to playing like a fucking good team again. Let’s fucking go!

One thing that was consistent throughout Gerrard’s reign was a bit of fire in the belly European performances. Unsurprising as he was the same and thrived in these occasions as a player at Liverpool . But honestly watching us in Europe the last 3 years was a pleasure and always exciting even while things were falling apart domestically at times. 

but this season has just been terrible to watch in Europe . The last few years I fancied us always at Ibrox and always thought we were good for a point on the road or away goal in the knockout ties at least . We don’t even look like scoring in the group so far 

I understand he doesn't want to slaughter a makeshift team, but I think he was watching a different match tonight. The real issue is the middle to front. They lack confidence, give the ball away and slow the play down. Although there were stinkers all over the park, it is that area that is causing the vulnerability to long balls over the top and the lack of goals.

I think sakala will become a great player for us but he needs to learn to lead the line, just like morelos did.