Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I've been head-hunted twice before. I never really intended to leave my current company but I certainly wanted to hear what was on offer.

Gerrard has to look out for what is best for himself and his family. He will listen, weigh up the options and make a decision. If that decision is to stay loyal to Rangers then great. If he decides to leave mid-season then it does leave a slightly bitter taste. But I see nothing wrong in listening to the offer.

Stealth i’m kind of a big deal post:pierre:

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think there’s any chance we get that amount for him. If we were ever going to get that amount it would have been off the back of last season and his strong showing at the Euros.

So we could get that amount for him? Just not now - when he's on a longer term contract and will next year enter the prime years of his football career? Not sure I understand your logic but we'll have to see won't we. 

4 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Would it?

Perhaps qualifying then actually still being in charge of the team next season during the CL games would. But even then there's a good chance we'd get horsed.

But the debate is him winning the league, getting the qualification but leaving before next season. That wouldn't add much.

I really think he's done that same projection in his head. Watching Malmo getting thrown about in the CL this season, having little prospect of improving this squad significantly, and knowing that what he does or doesn't do in Europe is likely to carry much more weight when he's being talked about for jobs he might want.

Maybe Gerrard didn't have the confidence in the team to get over the line this year n thinks he needs to jump ship the now otherwise he would have very little chance of progressing to where he wants to be.

Other than that its a very bizarre decision based on the fact winning trophies n big football matches gave him that "buzz"

Villa fans won't see the animated Gerrard that we saw at full time whistles. Ir. Parkhead, Hibs , etc.

I thank him for winning the league n getting us back to where we belong but the timing is honking... so I hope he gets horsed week in week out! N has massive regrets come the new year!!

Give us an exciting appointment!! We have a treble to win 🏆 🏆 🏆 

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I certainly hope he goes now, no way back with the majority of the fans IMO.

I’m sure everyone on here would say “No, I don’t want to listen to what you have to say” when offered the chance of another job. 😂

FWIW I think he will go, but if he doesn’t go all he has to say is he is very happy here and he simply did them the courtesy of listening to what they had to say.

48 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I remember when McGregor was 'done' here, and Davis was 'done' here and if RM was around when Souness around I'm sure he would've be 'done' as well.

Fickle though us football fans as all are forgiven by the majority (rightly imo) and we've all moved on. As we will with Gerrard, in time. 

The point is that Gerrard has now shown his hand that he is open to a move.....that alone tells me he isn't fully committed for this season....that's why he should be done, I suppose it is similar to Morelos last season, he more or less had agreed to join Lille but found himself in a sticky wicket when no fee could be agreed 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I certainly hope he goes now, no way back with the majority of the fans IMO.

Not so sure. Yes it’s a bit raw just now but if and it’s a big if he stays then we go and beat Hibs, Sparta and Livingston then I’m sure the majority of fans will get behind him. However we’ll not be swallowing his sound bites about his love for us in the future. If we can take Kenny Miller back and support him then I’m sure in time we’ll get behind Gerrard. However I think he’s gone anyway so fuck him!

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

The point is that Gerrard has now shown his hand that he is open to a move.....that alone tells me he isn't fully committed for this season....that's why he should be done, I suppose it is similar to Morelos last season, he more or less had agreed to join Lille but found himself in a sticky wicket when no fee could be agreed 

Sorry I probably wasn't clear, I was referring to people saying he's 'done' as a person related to this club. I think he will leave now, but that's why we have a DoF structure so hopefully the new manager finds it easier to hit the ground running.