Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

In a sick and twisted way you've actually got to admire his front going into Villa and getting them to agree to that. Absolutely mental. Hopefully it backfires and makes it easier to sack him when he bombs.

If you're going to be a wanker you might aswell fucking embrace it

34 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

There never would be a good time if we have a manger doing a decent job .

Hard to take for many ,it’s 30 years since another team took out manager .

Maybe never a good time but there are certainly better times than this

I’m assuming that our wage bill will drop significantly if Gerrard, McAllister, Beale, Culshaw and Defoe leave. I know that Defoe is still a registered player but that’s not an issue as I can’t see him ever playing for Villa.

Plenty there to allow van Bronckhorst the opportunity to rebuild with his own team. And, for the Giosceptics, it’s been made clear that his return from China was more about the pandemic than any footballing reason.

In the meantime, I’ll be expecting the senior players (Tav, Davis, McGregor, Arfield etc) to step up and keep the wheels turning.

6 minutes ago, watty. said:

He'll be screaming for a showdown with the likes of livi and Ross county after that,cunt doesn't know what he's let himself in for.watch how their fans turn on him after those fixtures.

He’ll have a honeymoon period with them same as he did with us. The stardust will wear off after a while though and then we’ll see how that goes for him. 

Just now, watty. said:

Can defo see Kent going sadly,but kamara and aribo aren't good enough for villa in my opinion.kamara has looked every bit a 50k player this season and aribo is hot and cold,he either turns up and puts in a man of the match performance,or he frustrates you to absolute fuck.

Wait for the “How much is Kent worth?” thread.

The beauty is Gerrard will likely have been told the magic number for these players to leave (which Gerrard may well have had a say in) so he’ll have bugged up Kent no end and now if he wants him he’ll have to pay a hefty fee.

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

That's it mate. Seen it with the taigs last year. They kept 4 or 5 almost against their will and reneaged on agreements in place. Don't want to be here then fuck off 

I can see Goldson, Kent and Aribo and Kamara falling away completely now until they get a move.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Wait for the “How much is Kent worth?” thread.

The beauty is Gerrard will likely have been told the magic number for these players to leave (which Gerrard may well have had a say in) so he’ll have bugged up Kent no end and now if he wants him he’ll have to pay a hefty fee.

I'd take no less than 15-20 million for kent

But sadly going by how we do business he'll be away for 8 

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

I can see Goldson, Kent and Aribo and Kamara falling away completely now until they get a move.

Think Goldson's already gone, Kent doesn't strike me as that type and Aribo and Kamara have been poor this season anyway

Regarding the China thing with Gio, aren't there multiple big names over there managing and playing who don't win the league? I'm assuming he's not the only "big name" manager over there. Swear I've heard others go over there and not win too. Is there not a lot of rules about wage caps and having to have a lot of Chinese players in squad, max of 5 foreigners or something like that?

Sounds like it's set up to try and be an even playing field. Might be making stuff up though