Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, esquire8 said:

Players have just been told this morning an hour before the statement release. Gerrard hasn't said bye.

Good majority aren’t even there to say bye either… so they’ll just come back from internationals and never see him again😂

12 minutes ago, Marco said:

Potential for us to upgrade the manager and have some funds for players in January.

This appointment is crucial for the season. One thing that Gerrard showed is that to manage us experience is not necessarily a prerequisite. Souness was the same. What is required is a big club mentality, a professional mindset, a drive to win at all costs, and a name to attract players who may not otherwise want to play in our league. Souness surrounded himself with a strong coaching team, notably Walter. Gerrard did the same. 

We need to make a bold appointment to silence the narrative around Gerrard leaving. It needs to be a big name. I’m not interested in unknown managers impressing the board with PowerPoint presentations or people that have shown weak mentality by not coming to us before. It needs to be someone that will grab the players and fans notice. 

1 minute ago, watty. said:

I think he'd took us a far as he could tbh,tho we would still have won the league it would have been a slog imo.

I think after last season's incredible high then this season was always going to be a toil. It's hard to maintain that level and quite often teams will regress considerably after such a season due to the difficult in maintaining such a level both physically and mentally.

A fresh manager and approach could be the best thing for us. We have the best squad in the league and are 4 points clear, this season should not be a slog at all.

• BlueSuedeSambas changed the title to Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official
2 minutes ago, EMRFC said:

If whoever comes in wins the league it’ll be a miracle

I’m not sure why you think that’s the case.

4 clear, injury free squad (apart from Helander), much stronger squad than our rivals, and players no longer in the comfort zone. 

Whoever we bring in should win the league. 

1 minute ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Behave.

We have the best 11 and by far strongest squad in the league.

Any competent manager should come in and win the league by more than the current 4 point gap.

That’s the thing though… the board need to get a competent manager. I’ve seen both sides of the old firm give up double digit leads.

1 minute ago, EMRFC said:

Yeah and we’ll have a full new coaching staff coming in… who knows how everything goes under a new boss? Maybe the players don’t take to him.

Maybe the players weren’t still taken with SG and that’s why we’ve toiled? Talk about glass half empty man.