Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, The Dude said:

He was never a realistic contender for the newcastle job.

Then a simple "there's nothing in that story" or "that's news to me" would have perhaps been a better option than being utterly incredulous at the very suggestion he would leave Rangers, and then leaving two weeks later. 

Just now, middli said:

December 2018 - Rangers claim their first Old Firm derby win since March 2012, Rodney Jack’s goal enough for a 1-0 victory over celtic, and Gerrard’s former Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers.

Amatuer hour at the BBC again

Edit - also    February 2020 - Ianis Jago scores twice as Rangers fight back from 2-0 down in their first leg against Braga to win 3-2 at Ibrox. Then won the second leg 1-0 to reach the Europa League’s last 16.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I actually think Goldson and Tav will be the most likely to go with him.

He rates those two higher than anyone.

To be honest, if we could sell Tav for £10m and allow Patterson to step up, could be the best solution for us.

Hopefully Villa are a bit loose with the cash and this is what plays out!

We are more likely to keep tav and sell patterson i would bet. We would get nowhere near 10m for tav. 

Know what, it's been a a bit shite lately at the club. Challenging times but we must look forward. Good time to listen to the words of the great Bill Struth.

"No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers"

1 minute ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Then a simple "there's nothing in that story" or "that's news to me" would have perhaps been a better option than being utterly incredulous at the very suggestion he would leave Rangers, and then leaving two weeks later. 

Then within minutes this place would have been full of cunts greeting that he isn't committed enough to us.

28 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Excellent post and probably the most clearly explained , and positive,  assessment ive seen on it . Its been a difficult couple of days but your take on it is a bit more positive . 

Cheers mate, it’s how I earn a living this stuff :lol: Headline results in these cases can be quite scary looking, but it’s important to objectively review and read between the lines at times. Maybe I’m being overly optimistic but I’d rather look forward than back as it is historical information.

5 minutes ago, Perth_Campsie_Ger said:

Wish Gerrard all the best, he won 55 and for that he will always be a legend. Reading some of the comments on here is mental. Some of the folk saying he is a snake etc were complaining that he doesn't know how to change tactics in games etc and would be the first wanting him sacked if we lost a couple of games.

I am sad to see him go but in all honesty I think a new manager will freshen things up a bit. I just hope we go with someone who is proven.

He'll never be a legend mate. Alex McLeish won more trophies than Gerrard. 

6 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Mental.

A typically well-thought out and reasoned response. Maybe you're privy to something I'm not but I've never experienced a company sacking an executive of any description without at least tentatively sounding-out potential replacements. 

Don't really use Instagram, but he is now duly unfollowed as I have already seen a picture of him holding a Villa shirt and it is all sorts of wrong 😂.

Sad he is gone but I think he took us as far as he could, and I thank him for that. Just got to hope our board knew this was coming and already have plans in place.

51 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Everybody is at different stages .Surprised how quickly I’m moving on 

By lunchtime I expect to be buzzing with excitement for the future 😁

Just wait for that to be shot down when we announce Callum Davidson on a rolling contract.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Then within minutes this place would have been full of cunts greeting that he isn't committed enough to us.

You're responding a lot but, just to be clear, you're wrong about this. It might help if you actually read and understood the posts you're responding to in future. 

25 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

It’s the only part I’m bitter about tbh. Could have gone anywhere in the summer with my best wishes, but leaving for such a meh club midway through a crucial season leaves a bad taste. But hey ho, onwards and upwards. We’ve been shite all season so this could be a positive outcome if we get it right

exactly, getting 56, entry into the CL group stages, he could have left then with his head held high and waited for the next plumb job

Just now, rangersross said:

A typically well-thought out and reasoned response. Maybe you're privy to something I'm not but I've ever experienced a company sacking an executive of any description without at least tentatively sounding-out potential replacements. 

Happens all the time in football.