Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The club set their poodles onto cwoodloyal when he mentioned it on FF as well, they were desperate to shoot the story down despite the fact cwoodloyal was spot on. 

Yeah I can remember sherbrook loyal really going for him, was way OTT

2 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

The club set their poodles onto cwoodloyal when he mentioned it on FF as well, they were desperate to shoot the story down despite the fact cwoodloyal was spot on. 

I thought it was fairly common knowledge we were after Nisbet in the summer. It was part of the reason Celtic made such a show of trying to get him before the window closed.

If we need a manager we need someone that can get the best out of what we have without just getting the cheque book out every 5 minutes.  Proven track record of coaching and setting his team up tactically.  Probably not a big name.

1 minute ago, stu43rigger said:

Knows Scottish football, cheaper option, knows our squad better than others mentioned, won't need to relocate, wouldn't be my choice but can see it happening

McIness would utterly fuck off a lot of our support at a time when the club already rip the piss a bit, it won’t be him. 

33 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Kent and Aribo are the two he’ll go for IMO. No doubt Goldson will be thinking he’s got a chance of a move as well on a free.

Don't see how giving the first goal away in games will stop Villa being relegated.

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Hes just quoting what the Telegraph lads wrote earlier on today.

But yeah, it's been a stick on since Sunday evening.

He must have got the news from yourself as you have told us all 2 pages ago that it was a done deal:pipe:

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

I disagree that he is a backstabbing bastard. He gets offered a job, he turns it down, he gets offered a job he takes it. Whatever.

There would be not the slightest bit of fuss on here if they were doing a poor job. That and the timing is the crux of the angst on here, but if he turned it down another job he liked might not come at an opportune time.

If he leaves he leaves with us in a better position than when he found us. As tough as it is to lose a manager during the season he has left us, if and when he goes, in a better situation.

You are perfectly entitled to feel let down though.

You miss my point, if he says he's going down because its the EPL and the next step to his dream liverpool job, then aye its a good luck through gritted teeth

If he says he's away to villa because we are skint, missed the CL this year and playing shite, then aye imo he is a backstabbing bastard as all 3 are pretty much laid on his doorstep

Ffs Warburton got us back to the top league, got pennies to spend, went looking for a new job and we, the fanbase, tried to chase him down PRW to get him to fuck, this is no different other than gerrard got multi millions to spend and it eventually won us something 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

McIness would utterly fuck off a lot of our support at a time when the club already rip the piss a bit, it won’t be him. 

I won’t rule it out short term. Not my choice but he is a quick fix. Knows how our players play and wouldn’t change it.

Cheap option and knows Scottish football 

1 minute ago, RWB72 said:

Done deal or not that Fabrizio fella pulls quotes from ongoing stories and it passes it off like he has inside info all the time (as does everyone involved in the media)

He quite clearly does have inside info

8 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Get the train patter to fuck please

Seriously mate, some of the patter in this thread is fucking awful, as serious of a topic we will have and cunts think cracking jokes about Murty, Pedro, McCoist etc etc is hilarious.....fucking depressing as fuck

4 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not having a go at Eskbank here and he admits this himself but hes been totally wrong before.

Said Defoe was never happening.

Tbf information changes all the time and ITK guys get all the stick if it doesn't happen but it could have easily been true at the time.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

I desperately don’t want it to be McInnes, but he’s been made out to be a far worse manager than he is on here because he knocked us back before. 

Had plenty good results against Gerrard, including knocking us out multiple cups.

We could do worse than get him in, but I’d be hoping for someone with significantly higher profile. 

All the chat of temporary role until the summer is a load of shite. No need for that at all. We’ve all seen how that works out. 

Couldn't give a fuck if he knocked us back before, he is still a shit manager.