Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

If Gerrard leaves, and I think he probably will, I won’t be throwing a rope over the rafters about it. He has done a job for us and stopping the ten is something he should be remembered for. However, it’s an old cliche but it’s true never the less, no one is bigger than the Rangers. If he leaves he goes with us 4 points clear and with a decent squad. The timing of this is a bit of a bummer but you would hope that there will be a contingency put together. Also because of the international break, it gives us a wee bit of time to sort something out. We’ll know soon enough what the outcome will be, if he’s away then I wish him no harm and as I said earlier I won’t be sticking my head in the oven over it. We constantly say that we’re a massive club, well massive clubs do what’s needed and carry on regardless. The king is dead, long live the king. W.ATP. 

Btw for all the "he gave us 55, he stopped the 10" talk he also absolutely fucked the league the season before and was lucky to still be in a job. He owed us the league last year and after failing to prepare for the CL, even with the 5 months head start, he absolutely owes us this season's league as well. To piss off halfway through that is arsehole behaviour. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

One of Gerrard's pals is reporting Gerrard is interested. 

Every outlet in the country is reporting Villa are interested in Gerrard. 

Theres plenty credible about it. 

There is no credible evidence that he is definitely leaving Ibrox.  If Gerrard or RFC announce that he is leaving, that will be credible.

7 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Btw for all the "he gave us 55, he stopped the 10" talk he also absolutely fucked the league the season before and was lucky to still be in a job. He owed us the league last year and after failing to prepare for the CL, even with the 5 months head start, he absolutely owes us this season's league as well. To piss off halfway through that is arsehole behaviour. 

He owes us nothing he came he saw and he's delivered the biggest title of our history.. If he goes now or the summer we can't forget that 

Just now, JCDBigBear said:

Why?    The only paper I read is the Sunday Times and I bin the sports section without looking at it.  I don't read any other paper at all.

Again weird. I didn’t say not reading papers was weird. I was talking about your replies to everyone in this thread. 

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Regardless if it happens now or in the summer we are clearly approaching the end of his reign. We go on regardless but I do feel sad at the thought. 

Can I ask why you feel “we are clearly approaching the end of his reign” ?

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He owes us nothing he came he saw and he's delivered the biggest title of our history.. If he goes now or the summer we can't forget that 

This title is now even more important than last season's, Gerrard knows that better than anybody. He can take a flying fuck to himself if he's off. 

4 minutes ago, OhW said:

Again weird. I didn’t say not reading papers was weird. I was talking about your replies to everyone in this thread. 

You'd need to be more explanatory than that rather just calling someone weird in a post without any further comment.  I think that particular post of yours was pretty weird.