Morelos

DiamondDan

1 minute ago, magic8ball said:

If he can get Morelos back on track it would be like a new signing almost .

He has had checkered form throughout his Rangers career .But before when the goals had dried up he was still working his arse off for the team .He’s not scoring or working now .

And we’re not defending either. A rum do as they say.

16 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

And we’re not defending either. A rum do as they say.

Defend from the front ,he’s setting a bad example .

It’s hate Morelos day with me by the look of it .You never know if he doesn’t get the finger out he will be as popular as our ex manager before we know it .😂

16 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Our record European scorer? Over-rated?

Morelos at his best was anything but over rated ,Under rated would be more appropriate.When you look at the media coverage he received compared to the lazy bastard at the piggery who went to Palace .You realise how under rated he was at his peak .

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Dont care what praise you or anybody else gives him , hes garbage easily our most over rated striker in our history. If anybody is crazy enough to pay a decent price for him we should be getting rid.......

I see the hysterical over-reactions continue.

The good thing about Gio coming in and Makaay is both will speak fluent Spanish you would imagine as they both played there for years.  So Makaay was a brilliant goal scorer, probably not the world class bracket but 100% the top class level.  If Morelos doesn’t learn in that environment he never will.

12 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😂😂Punters forget a whole coaching staff downed tools before the players did. 😉

Might have to wait a while to find out a bit more about the real story.

Players like to write a book when they finish .Reckon McGregor ,Davis or Arfield could spill the beans if anything different was happening .

9 minutes ago, GOAT said:

The good thing about Gio coming in and Makaay is both will speak fluent Spanish you would imagine as they both played there for years.  So Makaay was a brilliant goal scorer, probably not the world class bracket but 100% the top class level.  If Morelos doesn’t learn in that environment he never will.

A straight to the point Dutch attitude converted into Spanish could be a right shock to the system 😂

First order of business, get a hold of Alfie and just tell him he drops no deeper than 20/25 yards. Be in and around the box. Get in behind and bully defenders whilst taking the ball into feet. None of this halfway line pish. Let someone else work.

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Some absolutely over the top reactions to the game, but equally clear Morelos has been garbage for a prolonged period. 

Absolutely. He's one of a long list of players who have been pish recently. Dare I say, there have probably been worse overall performers than Morelos but because he's not been scoring it makes it look much worse for him.

Just now, The Dude said:

Absolutely. He's one of a long list of players who have been pish recently. Dare I say, there have probably been worse overall performers than Morelos but because he's not been scoring it makes it look much worse for him.

Agreed. Struggle to pick a player who’s played well recently. Aribo maybe, but even then he’s hardly been great.

The extra criticism comes as part of the package with being a Rangers CF though. Morelos off field lifestyle seems to be getting a free pass that others wouldn’t though.

Morelos needs to get back on track, that's the long and short of it whatever the reasons. I suspect he has lost the spark along with the goals. Playing deeper doesn't suit him and he's not great at it. Surely we'd be better with someone like hagi linking midfield to attack?

28 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It’s because Morelos has been poor for much longer than the other players

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

I'm hoping he can have a real positive impact. Makaay was world class imo, unbelievable striker. 

Morelos was at his best hanging on the last defender bullying the shit out of them, what affected him previously was our lack of options behind him, when the midfield dried up his goals did

Now we have the likes of hagi and aribo who could literally sit 10 yards behind morelos and link him up all day, and gerrard barely ever tried it 

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

His short to medium range passing is atrocious .

4 hours ago, magic8ball said:

Morelos at his best was anything but over rated ,Under rated would be more appropriate.When you look at the media coverage he received compared to the lazy bastard at the piggery who went to Palace .You realise how under rated he was at his peak .

His peak ?  He's 25 year old ffs.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Maybe Barasic. McGregor hasn't been great.  CB's pretty awful at times.  But Alfie's attitude is there for all to see and not a good look.  

I hope the first thing GVB and MaKaay change is making him come deep. He needs to be in the penalty area scoring garbage goals. Coming deep and attempting to play long cross field passes does my head in. He is a poacher not a skillful playmaker.

Hopefully new coaching reignites him. You don't score 100+ goals at Rangers without natural talent.