Roy Makaay - "keep it simple, tricks are for the circus"

falkirkNS

14 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We the same fan base that was  taking the piss out of Anges first training session with key phrases.

I’ll wait til results on the park before I can get excited about training videos 

Come on man, get yourself at least a wee bit excited no? New era is always exciting 

4 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Come on man, get yourself at least a wee bit excited no? New era is always exciting 

I am excited but  can never buy into the training material stuff wether it’s perceived to be positive or negative. I genuinely think all that stuff should be kept in house.

Anyway I am buzzing that’s us got a game every midweek and weekend up til the new year.

Tricky away games but very winnable home games.

6 points in our next 2 league games and Makaay can say what he likes!

9 minutes ago, Johnstone Burgh said:

Go look at some of the goals we scored last season, the difference in speed between then and now is frightening sometimes. We can say we’ve been sussed out or whatever but really we are doing ourselves no favours with how we’re playing this season. 

Slow pedestrian.

One of Davis, kamara or lundstram is enough for our midfield.

On paper right now, Davis I'd exspect his last season.

Lundstrum is a Gerrard prodigy/risk signing who jogs around passing sideways and back, looks every much a sheffield utd player who has never had pressure to high press teams and demand the win the baw back right away.

Kamara, who has regressed massively, our most valuable asset outside Kent. I would be open to offers if it meant reinvesting in the playing squad come January, all being well we are still in a title fight.

31 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

Slow pedestrian.

One of Davis, kamara or lundstram is enough for our midfield.

On paper right now, Davis I'd exspect his last season.

Lundstrum is a Gerrard prodigy/risk signing who jogs around passing sideways and back, looks every much a sheffield utd player who has never had pressure to high press teams and demand the win the baw back right away.

Kamara, who has regressed massively, our most valuable asset outside Kent. I would be open to offers if it meant reinvesting in the playing squad come January, all being well we are still in a title fight.

Kamara almost made me launch the tv on Sunday. Took far too many touches, was nowhere near ambitious/progressive enough with his passing and absolutely shat it (as he nearly always does) when actually in a great position to take a shot.

He offers nothing as an 8 and even for a 6, he’s too safe with his passing. Some games he’s the master of controlled possession, many game he’s just frustrating.

Any analysis of us should show that all our success of last season came from high tempo and high press. This season we've done none of that. The lack of a high press in particular means we are 30 yards deeper which puts far more pressure on our defenders which is probably why we are conceding more goals also. I have no idea why we've become so pedestrian but unless we have motivated players playing to their strengths we will continue to make things difficult for ourselves. The players have done themselves no favours at all this season and I think Gio has a hard job to give them all the rocket they need. I look forward to us hopefully starting to get some more dynamic direct play back as teams couldn't live with us when we played that way. 

5 hours ago, falkirkNS said:

There you go again with your ‘blacks out’ chat. Shameful ….. 🤣🤣🤣

(for those reading this, that’s a joke comment referencing something that was inferred on another thread)