*****The Official sheep v The Champions Matchday thread*****

ElBufalo20

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

Yes they knocked the ball in the air and we never tried to get it down and pass.

I thought after we scored we would try and play more football, but that sheep team raise their game for us every time.

It is a pity to drop two points, but we were not good tonight.  

12 minutes ago, Durrant10 said:

Are you kidding me on. The ref and the Aberdeen players patter done us over. They can only play like this with a compliant ref. Ffs we couldn’t play football for them hitting the deck. Can you no see that ?

Honestly mate don’t bother, people on here don’t understand that playing against 15 men hinders your ability to play good progressive football. 

Just now, Blumhoilann said:

'cause I am catching up,didn't know we were time limited???

Hour out match thread? Sounds like fun.

When you get to my reply to Smile, you'll get my reply to your point.

14 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Most of the time people are talking pish when they say 'stopped read at...'

but genuinely, stopped reading at this.

Thanks for letting me know, very useful information.

Not good enough from start to finish imo. Ref didn’t even have a howler because that is his standard - bang on what was expected from him but nonetheless most of the decision were absolutely shocking. 

Bit deflated after that.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

Tactics from the start were wrong. 

• Sat back and let them become comfortable on the ball
  • Didn't press a CB pairing of McCrorie & Bates
  • Lost the midfield battle (no surprise with Kamara and Sands at Pittodrie) 
  • No midfield means we should be overloading out wide, which we didn't. 

Just a shite evening if we're honest, and one I'm sadly not surprised with knowing us.

I can see why we didn't press McCrorie and Bates fully. Both aren't great at passing (especially Bates, one of the worst CBs I've seen at passing) so it made sense to let them have the ball and close the channels off. But yeah, the rest of it, spot on.

1 minute ago, Polo said:

Shambolic performance and embarrassing that we’ve been overrun by that mob. They are fucking shite and, no matter how poor a performance we’re putting in, we shouldn’t ever be outworked like that. 

Its a cup final to that taig infested club , they never put that effort into any other game in this league.....

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Worst performance we've had under gio and another shite start post break. Looked 2nd best and never controlled the game. 

Clancy that guy is the worst officials going. Just knew we were getting a red tonight. It doesn't excuse but how poor we were today. 

Definitely need to add before this window closes. CM and RW priority. I'd also seriously consider adding Souttar now. 

Same, I just thought it would be Alfredo.

Don't think I have ever seen a team hit the deck as much as they did tonight. Every single time we went near one of them they collapsed in a heap and got the free kick.

Not blaming the ref's performance for the result though, we were utterly honking tonight.

Just now, BigBearButt said:

thought we might have seen an improvement after half time but we actually got worse 

That second half was one of the worst performances i have seen in a long time.

And a random point on Kamara. At times he frustrates the hell out of me. Hangs onto the ball far to much at times when passes are available,did it umpteen times tonight.

1 minute ago, Bears r us said:

I thought after we scored we would try and play more football, but that sheep team raise their game for us every time.

It is a pity to drop two points, but we were not good tonight.  

It wasn't that the sheep raised their game, it was more we settled and sat back hoping to hit on the counter, we were well short tonight on the basics which I'm flabbergasted at.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Btw, no fucking about with team on Friday night.

First 11 out there.

Get Balogun back in, get Hagi and Wright out team.

I think you’ll see most of tonight’s bench start on Friday

We need another proper central midfielder. Too often we’re looking weak/powderpuff there.

We’ve got real problems coming our way there. David, Arfield out of contact/almost past it, Jack fucked, Lundstram pish and the likes of Aribo and Kamara potentially going, this needs addressed fast

5 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Other than when playing us im not convinced they will. One things for sure we cant afford to many "blips" like tonight.

They’ll drop but with the current squad we’ll drop more. Ref horrendous yes but we offered absolutely nothing that second half and had next to nothing on the bench to really change it. 

No idea how their new signings will pan out but they have big squad depth now. 

6 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

It's not faux confidence it genuine confidence because we're champions and current league leaders. The scum (your inbred pals) haven't strengthened at all, they are bang average at best now get back to your squat because your sister has got her tit out ready for your supper time.

Firstly you are a complete moron.

secondly, being champions means fuck all if you cannot beat a second rate team that’s in front of you.

thirdly, the scum are not my pals  ( prick ! )

fourthly …I haven’t got a sister.

If you cannot reply in a civil manner then please keep your  moronic  opinions to yourself. 

we fucked this up tonight. Please see it for what it is,

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Lost one league game in the past sixty.

Very true sum fuckin record. Tonight we had an off night but got a point which with hearts,hibs, sheep away was always a possibility.