*****The Official Nonce FC v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

22 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We will not be playing a high press against them

We're going to do the Gio special here tonight - sit back, draw them out, hit on the counter and when they tire in the 2nd half then press higher up the park

Defence need to stand up and be counted tonight

100% correct.

Much as I like Arfield, Ryan Jack is better at protecting the back four which will come under pressure early on especially because I have no doubt Calum McGregor will play, even if he looks like The Phantom Of The Opera, and they’ll probably have the Japanese Iniesta and McCarthy beside him. One playing under great risk, one unknown and another who will be running out of steam by half time. Could well end up playing a fullback in midfield later on.

The second half will belong to us imo. As long as we are level or better at half time, we’ll win.

I understand the lobbying for Balogun but he’s been out for a while and, for the most part, Bassey has done well - be reluctant to drop him for one slip.

4 minutes ago, The true baller said:

They have Jota though, who is arguably better than Kyogo

Absolutely though I'd argue kyogo is much more effective for celtic than jota but mind you not from the left.

We've seen before the difference we have at right back when we have Tav instead of Balogun. This was Balogun playing well too.

Our biggest thing tonight has to be stopping balls getting through to their midfield. If we do that jota will find it hard to get the ball or come deeper for it. Both suits us.

11 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If Roofe isn’t fit to start then I would rather play Sakala through the middle than Itten.

Now Roofe is defo my preference, but conversely i think Itten might perform better against this lot than the rest of scottish football. He's not quick minded or footed enough in a packed box surrounded by the opposition, but with the space he'd get tonight i think he'd do better.

Or maybe i'm just trying to keep positive :confused9: