Shagger

plymouthranger

Incredible shot stopper, but actually embarrassing at how bad he is at coming off his line now. 

Someone commented that it has shades of Gorams last season and I can see that. He’s cost us 4 points this season from being incapable at commanding the 6 yard box. 

McLaughlin starts the OF for me, should be his jersey to lose

Yeah McGregor has been a hero and last year was incredible but his time sadly looks up. Can't make 1 howler never mind 2 in a game and it's happened a few times this season. 

No shame in it, he's 40 now. 

Needs dropped. 

2 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Incredible shot stopper, but actually embarrassing at how bad he is at coming off his line now. 

Someone commented that it has shades of Gorams last season and I can see that. He’s cost us 4 points this season from being incapable at commanding the 6 yard box. 

I said it about Goram, but I’d still start him on Wed. He’s got enough credit in the bank. Another howler and then it’s bench time. 

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Yeah McGregor has been a hero and last year was incredible but his time sadly looks up. Can't make 1 howler never mind 2 in a game and it's happened a few times this season. 

No shame in it, he's 40 now. 

Needs dropped. 

I see lads at non-league level down here who can command their box better than him. Those 2 goals today were inexcusable, 1 you get away with once a season, 2 in 1 game is fucking amateur. 

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We don't have anyone good enough to be a number 1 at the club right now.

I don’t think McLaughlin has ever let us down?

He’s not as good at shot stopping as McGregor (very few are), but asides from that he’s a better kicker, commands his box better and has yet to have a howler. 

9 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

The fact that he is an incredible shot stopper gives him the nod for Wed  because we will be under a lot more sustained pressure. Wouldn’t put it past him to have another incredible game against them. 

Crazy thing is though going forward the rest of the season he needs replaced. These games where he doesn’t have much to do has made him a liability - his concentration is gone and the 40 year old body is just not wanting to command a box and get hurt. 
Defensive shambles today but he’s cost us two goals. Any other keeper in the league is dealing comfortably with the first and third 

He's a great keeper when focused, but he's interested in too much nonsense these days. All his time wasting antics, moaning at team mates, moaning at refs, playing to the gallery is too much of a distraction. A costly one.

On his game, he's a first pick. This season though he's making that more and more difficult a decision.

16 minutes ago, dbyst said:

if we get a result and he pulls off a couple of saves midweek some on here are gonna look pretty fuckin stupid.

But I’m not questioning his shot stopping. He probably will make a save on Wednesday that is outrageous. 

The problem is he throws goals in against sides we should be getting guaranteed points against, because he can’t command his box. There’s been 4 this season already…

McGregor had a shocker and on balance will deserve to lose his place should GVB drop him but lets face it, we should have scored 6 or 7 today with the chances we had.

The whole team is complicit in the defeat.

Defenders couldn't defend...Tav didn't shut down the cross that McGregor fumbled. Goldson made and arse of heading a ball then Bassey had a fresh air swipe for the second. The third one, pretty much everybody made a cunt of it.

Midfield failed to throttle the game in the last 5 mins. Lundsturm (why bring him on?) thinks he's fucking Beckenbauer and tries a Hollywood cross field pass 3 mins into injury time, then Kamara does what Kamara does sometimes, switches off and doesn't hit the pass hard enough and offers up possession near our box.

Up front, Itten couldn't score in a bucket of fannies, Roofe hits the post and as a team they all tend to overplay when near the box.

Special mention for Kent who was piss poor again.

Aribo was excellent but cant do it all on his own, and Diallo showed us all glimpses as to why he's got a big price tag for an 18 year old. 

Bottom line is they all thought they'd completed the job in hand having came back form 2-1 down and it's bit them in the arse.

Let's see what they are made of on Wednesday now that the stakes are high.

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

McGregor had a shocker and on balance will deserve to lose his place should GVB drop him but lets face it, we should have scored 6 or 7 today with the chances we had.

The whole team is complicit in the defeat.

Defenders couldn't defend...Tav didn't shut down the cross that McGregor fumbled. Goldson made and arse of heading a ball then Bassey had a fresh air swipe for the second. The third one, pretty much everybody made a cunt of it.

Midfield failed to throttle the game in the last 5 mins. Lundsturm (why bring him on?) thinks he's fucking Beckenbauer and tries a Hollywood cross field pass 3 mins into injury time, then Kamara does what Kamara does sometimes, switches off and doesn't hit the pass hard enough and offers up possession near our box.

Up front, Itten couldn't score in a bucket of fannies, Roofe hits the post and as a team they all tend to overplay when near the box.

Special mention for Kent who was piss poor again.

Aribo was excellent but cant do it all on his own, and Diallo showed us all glimpses as to why he's got a big price tag for an 18 year old. 

Bottom line is they all thought they'd completed the job in hand having came back form 2-1 down and it's bit them in the arse.

Let's see what they are made of on Wednesday now that the stakes are high.

Pretty much spot on, my only add would be GvB mistake on starting line up with Itten rather than Roofe or Sakala and thought he should have either closed out on 3-2 or went for the throat with substitutes, we did neither and it hit us on the arse.

Over to him and the players to make up for it on Wednesday.

I'm not saying he's done, but he deserves to be dropped for that effort today, I think he will play and hopefully we see the best of him given its against the scum but anybody thinking him in goals on Wednesday is not cause for concern after today's performance is not seeing the full picture here, time waits for nobody.