Lundstram

MrMckee

11 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Definitely. You hear the crowd get behind him every time he puts in a challenge or clears it. Think he thrives on that too.

Absolutely, you can hear in the stadium that he's managed to win over his critics and slowly but surely turning into a fan favourite. I like how he always tries to play the ball forward, most of his passes are splitting passes out wide or into our forward players. He's not afraid to shoot as well which is a bonus. 

Got a little concerned with some of the times we seemed to leave the ball at the back but I think Gio loves that Lundstram has that adaptability to move back and forward depending on how the game is going. Looked as if he’d be out the door a couple of months ago but he’s become an important part of the squad 

5 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

how much do folk think he's worth, because according to some 'notable' posters on here, no English (or any other team for that matter) would pay anything close to £5m for him or take a punt and they'd have been happy to shunt him for fck all in January.

No idea how much he’s likely to go for but have to admit that I was one who thought he was very average under Gerrard, hands up he’s more than proved me wrong and I’m chuffed to be wrong.

To be fair to his doubters, nearly every forum member has expressed doubts about at least one of our players with Jack, Greegs, Kent, Tav, Borna, Alfie, Bassey, Kamara and Roofe all being singled out for ‘get rid’ at some time.  Even the best players have dips in form but most fans don’t accept that.  Me included😂

26 minutes ago, Soldier blue said:

No idea how much he’s likely to go for but have to admit that I was one who thought he was very average under Gerrard, hands up he’s more than proved me wrong and I’m chuffed to be wrong.

To be fair to his doubters, nearly every forum member has expressed doubts about at least one of our players with Jack, Greegs, Kent, Tav, Borna, Alfie, Bassey, Kamara and Roofe all being singled out for ‘get rid’ at some time.  Even the best players have dips in form but most fans don’t accept that.  Me included😂

Fans are so fickle and quick to judge - part of the problem why some players don't make it as the grief they get can be hard to take.  Always feel everyone deserves a year, even if not getting a game they can turn it around, fans just need to be patient (ye I know) as not all hit the ground running.  Only players I wanted rid of quick was Guivarch and Salenko 'cause they were lazy bastards and a couple other unsavoury ones

55 minutes ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

Fans are so fickle and quick to judge - part of the problem why some players don't make it as the grief they get can be hard to take.  Always feel everyone deserves a year, even if not getting a game they can turn it around, fans just need to be patient (ye I know) as not all hit the ground running.  Only players I wanted rid of quick was Guivarch and Salenko 'cause they were lazy bastards and a couple other unsavoury ones

The club were actively hawking him around for a January move so looks like they had ran out of patience.