Would you prefer 3iar or this seasons Europa League

Next two league titles or this seasons Europa League  

172 members have voted

1. 1. What would you choose

• 3 in a row
    • Europa League champions

Just enjoying our consistency in Europe over the last few seasons . Since progres the only major blip has been Malmö this season .

Some of the teams we have beaten and knocked out in that period is fantastic . Before 2012 you were used to Rangers giving you one strong season in Europe followed by a few not so great campaigns as the norm. The next stage of progress is returning to that champions league next season and testing ourselves in there. 

If we get by Dortmund the toughest tie left would be Barca/Napoli. Every other game is 50/50 at the worst. Because of that, I opted for Europe. We would earn a lot of money winning the final, gain automatic CL group stage and our player evaluations would skyrocket.

Still, a tough poll to choose in all honesty.

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If we get by Dortmund the toughest tie left would be Barca/Napoli. Every other game is 50/50 at the worst. Because of that, I opted for Europe. We would earn a lot of money winning the final, gain automatic CL group stage and our player evaluations would skyrocket.

Winning europa and sacrificing the league still has the tarriers on a level playing field given they’d be straight into champions league. Think the domestic league always has to be priority, and player valuations right now will be up regardless of how much further we go given last nights result. 

4 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Given it's a straight choice between winning the Europa and winning the league or strangely 3iar that's a bizarre rationale for your answer. 

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Given it's a straight choice between winning the Europa and winning the league or strangely 3iar that's a bizarre rationale for your answer. 

Ok, if the outcome is already determined then I choose Europa. But like I said, that's a hard choice to pick from.

6 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Winning europa and sacrificing the league still has the tarriers on a level playing field given they’d be straight into champions league. Think the domestic league always has to be priority, and player valuations right now will be up regardless of how much further we go given last nights result. 

I know, I still see it that way as well.

9 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If we get by Dortmund the toughest tie left would be Barca/Napoli. Every other game is 50/50 at the worst.

Think you're going a bit overboard based on last night tbh.

Sevilla and Betis are above Barca in the league.

Barca, Napoli, Porto, Atalanta, Sevilla, Betis based on this season are all at a similar level and difficult ties.

Lyon, Soceidad, Monaco, West Ham and Leverkusen are not easy sides to draw either.

16 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That’s similar to my thinking. I’d rather we pocketed a Euro trophy at the expense of celtic pocketing £30m to match our automatic CL qualification windfall as EL winners.

Nobody is going to give a flying fuck about who earned what in 20/3O years time, especially as we’ll be on an equal footing in terms of revenue for that one season which would follow.. All that remains is the honours list and we’d have two European trophies in the cabinet.

Besides it’ll help boost the coefficient which will also benefit us (and possibly them) in the long run. Raises the profile of the game, ergo the quality of player. It’s a virtuous circle!

8 minutes ago, theblueoysterbar said:

See if we won the Europa league, would the tarriers get the Scottish CL entry place if they finish 2nd?

Might be wrong but pretty sure they don't.

Chelsea won the EL and qualified for the CL finishing 3rd, no English team took their place.

Scum would still enter the league route qualifiers in such a circumstance.

Play like we did in Dortmund and this thread is meaningless, we will win both this season.   West Ham are the toughest potential opponents,  the top English sides are streets ahead of the rest of Europe except maybe PSG and Bayern. 

The only thing on my mind is three points on Sunday,  just as difficult a game as Dortmund.

19 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

Play like we did in Dortmund and this thread is meaningless, we will win both this season.   West Ham are the toughest potential opponents,  the top English sides are streets ahead of the rest of Europe except maybe PSG and Bayern. 

The only thing on my mind is three points on Sunday,  just as difficult a game as Dortmund.

:lol: you talk some amount of shite Andy