*****The Official Rangers v BVB Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

Feeling indifferent right now ... winning the league is a much bigger part of the clubs future and I just can't help feeling Dortmund is a huge gold plated distraction from that

You realise winning the Europa League gets you into the champions league aswell aye?

2 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Much more likely to beat the manky mob to the title than win the Europa league because the games in that just get harder from here

No they don’t, this is arguably the toughest tie we will play in Europe 

Not a fan of ditching Europe to win the league. League is the priority but we shouldn’t be ditching other competitions to win it 

44 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Wouldn't give opposition praise very often (or ever really) but I'm glad they didn't start diving and looking for penalties. They played the game despite the scoreline 

Complete opposite of the last time we played there but like you say the game was played in the right spirit.

Buzzing for this one. I understand the setback at the weekend has people down but for fuck sakes we’ve got Dortmund coming to Ibrox and we’re in control of the tie. 

We’re 3 points back in the league, we were 11+ points clear last year and people weren’t ready to put a bow on it, but now that we’re chasing 3 points it’s become doom and gloom. 

Winning this tie will be the spark we need to run the table the rest of the year. 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Not a fan of ditching Europe to win the league. League is the priority but we shouldn’t be ditching other competitions to win it 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

I will tell u after Thursday if this is the toughest tie ... ok they ae second top in Germany but perhaps the second division of European football isn't to their liking sometimes that can be the case with teams that come down from the champions league>

This is an £80 million championship when timothy is buying players over the next few years when we can't we will regret not prioritising this league

12 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I will tell u after Thursday if this is the toughest tie ... ok they ae second top in Germany but perhaps the second division of European football isn't to their liking sometimes that can be the case with teams that come down from the champions league>

This is an £80 million championship when timothy is buying players over the next few years when we can't we will regret not prioritising this league

They played their strongest available team last Thursday...

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

They played their strongest available team last Thursday...

That's true but we played our strongest team on Sunday it's not always about personnel.

Just realised you are the first 100k I've seen always wondered if it's like the old cars and goes back to zero but apparently not :pipe:

18 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I don’t need you to tell me anything and they are taking it seriously, no idea why you would even think they mightn’t be 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t need you to tell me anything and they are taking it seriously, no idea why you would even think they mightn’t be 

I don't think it's a black and white issue even a 10% drop in commitment can make a big difference to the outcome ... I think a similar thing happened on Sunday it's just easy to lose that little bit of edge that you need when you think the result is in the bag

7 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

We have a 2 goal lead ! but they will certainly score 2 goals - maybe 3 - So we have to try and score a goal

I would love us to knock this excellent side out of the competition and move on to the next round  - great for the team, club and fans

I think we’ll need to score 1 or 2 to progress and the boot in the baws by Leverkusen at Ibrox wasn’t that long ago.