*****The Official Rangers v BVB Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

15 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

I don't think it's a black and white issue even a 10% drop in commitment can make a big difference to the outcome ... I think a similar thing happened on Sunday it's just easy to lose that little bit of edge that you need when you think the result is in the bag

I think you are wrong 

1 hour ago, Thermopylae said:

Much more likely to beat the manky mob to the title than win the Europa league because the games in that just get harder from here

If we go through, depending on the luck of the draw we have a good chance of reaching the Quarters.

I’d fancy us to beat Galatasaray or Red Star.

3 minutes ago, Orange and Blue said:

The way we played over in Germany would be the best way to approach this game. Attack is the best form of defence, us scoring first will finish it.

If we score first you think Gio will try shut up shop?, seems to be a thing of his or was 

24 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

his approach against celtic was to soak up pressure for twenty minutes which was a ludicrous decision. 

If he does something similar at home against Dortmund, it will be a long night.

I believe he learned a lot from the scum game. Here's hoping.

Couldn't agree more pal. It was evident he asked the players to sit deep and settle in at the tarriers. 2nd half, albeit the game was over, he changed it up and reintroduced the high press. Then went on to continue with the high press against Hearts and Hibs and in both games we excelled. Was brave to try it in Dortmund but it really paid off. 

Can’t see us not scoring. 

In typical Rangers fashion though we’ll be biting our nails towards the end, probably similar to the Young Boys game where we’re going through no problem until the last 10 mins they’ll sneak a goal and it’ll be a nerve wracking finish. 

Head says 3-2 Dortmund. 

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

his approach against celtic was to soak up pressure for twenty minutes which was a ludicrous decision. 

If he does something similar at home against Dortmund, it will be a long night.

I believe he learned a lot from the scum game. Here's hoping.

To be fair to Gio, in his post match interview he stated he’d told the players what too expect and how to counteract it but they didn’t follow the plan.

12 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Same tactics as the 1st leg required.

McGregor should be dropped. We need a keeper who will come for crosses.

As much as hes done especially since he came back and always turns up when you think hes done, hes completely done for set pieces, i feel we could concede at every corner, i have no confidence in defending corners.