McGregor or McLaughlin?

Johnsey

Greggs is still the better of the two but I don't think the difference is massive. 

I just wonder with our build up play and possession if it's worth having McLaughlin in there instead. He's capable with the ball at his feet and often helps us launch an attack. 

McGregor is punting it long if an opposition player comes within 20 yards. 

24 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Absolute nonsense, all because he made two mistakes against Ross County.  Absolute short memories on here,

No his distribution his lack of coming for corner kicks is costing us.

His slow reaction to the 2nd goal against the tarriers too.

The short memories thing is nonsense. Yeah he’s been phenomenal but does that mean he can play forever cos he was good in the past?

Time catches up on everyone and I think this has been a season too far for McGregor.

18 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

No his distribution his lack of coming for corner kicks is costing us.

His slow reaction to the 2nd goal against the tarriers too.

The short memories thing is nonsense. Yeah he’s been phenomenal but does that mean he can play forever cos he was good in the past?

Time catches up on everyone and I think this has been a season too far for McGregor.

Embarrassing post.  You can thank mcgregor we never got totally embarrassed that first half. 

3 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Embarrassing post.  You can thank mcgregor we never got totally embarrassed that first half. 

Please explain what’s embarrassing?

I’d be embarrassed if he didn’t make those saves in the old firm that were directly at him and basic saves for decent goalies.

1 minute ago, holdnudgehold said:

Peak McGregor no contest but It increasingly feels as though a high number of 1st shots on target against us result in a goal. Very few of those I can say McGregor obviously at fault but something not working. Maybe more to do with the type of chances we're giving up.

Yes I did that a thought today when has he really made a great save lately a bit like that dud they had last year. That along with a couple of clangers and his troubles from corners I'd go with Jon now.

Just for a few, I didn't post this just because we dropped points today. McGregor is the more talented keeper but I still think for what we face McLaughlin would do just as well. 

My main issue is McGregor punting the ball up the pitch constantly. McLaughin would have helped get through that high press I think. 

2 hours ago, GOAT said:

Absolute nonsense, all because he made two mistakes against Ross County.  Absolute short memories on here,

...and Hearts when he fucked coming out for cross... giving them a tap in at the 95th minute.

Overall there's been quite a few goals this season that he would have saved in the years gone by. Goals where you wouldn't really lay blame at his door, but he could have done a lot better. It's fair to say his reactions are defo not what they used to be... Short memories has nothing to do with it.

Don't get me wrong he's still pulled off some big saves and he's still my all time favourite Rangers keeper... perhaps he's became a victim of his own success and consistency in previous seasons - but it doesn't change the fact that time is clearly creeping up on him...  

For the first time ever I agree that the thread needs to be asked.

I've loved shagger but the signs are there, 

I know he ain't saving the second goal but he could have not at least attempted to dive?

We are weak on corners. That has never been his forte. Perhaps a different route needs to be explored,

All good things have to end. It is time to explore those options.

McGregor's ability level has fallen off a cliff. His distribution has become even poorer, we are continually gifting possession to the opposition. He doesn't even make any attempt to try and deal with cross balls anymore.

Hindsight is 20/20 but he should have retired after 55.

I don't think McLaughlin is the answer though. Next season's side has to be unrecognisable from this, complete overhaul required throughout.