The Captain

G.E.C.

41 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

He's not perfect but will go down as one of our best ever signings, due to the fee, his stats and stopping 10.

I personally don’t, but a lot of people will forget he was one of warburton’s first signings.

the mad and sad days of the first division title season, and getting roasted in the sc final by stokes, progres, tankings aff the green an grey, till brilliant runs in Europe, captaining the team to 55, and brilliant nights like last Thursday and tonight.

I hope he has more success, and here for a while yet.

What a signing for us and a great signing for HIM. He’s not a John Greig, our greatest ever Captain, he’s not a Sandy Jardine, our greatest ever full back, BUT £ for £ he’s given far more to us than he’s ever cost us!

He’s at home here, loves it, playing for a bigger team, in front of bigger crowds and at a European level than he’d ever dream of ten years ago at Wigan.

He’s a fuckin legend.

079227AE-6E74-472A-89C3-0384C2DF3C12.jpeg

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Blue said:

What a signing for us and a great signing for HIM. He’s not a John Greig, our greatest ever Captain, he’s not a Sandy Jardine, our greatest ever full back, BUT £ for £ he’s given far more to us than he’s ever cost us!

He’s at home here, loves it, playing for a bigger team, in front of bigger crowds and at a European level than he’d ever dream of ten years ago at Wigan.

He’s a fuckin legend.

079227AE-6E74-472A-89C3-0384C2DF3C12.jpeg

Absolutely wild his middle name is Henry tbh. 

14 minutes ago, Willis said:

I've been critical of him but the way he took that penalty almost exactly like the last one had me impressed, took some balls to do that

He hit it higher. Every keeper will go low, left or right - it’s natural. If you’ve got the balls to hit a penalty higher, particularly at the corners, then it’s a 100% goal (yes, provided you actually hit the target).

When have you ever seen a keeper guessing postage stamp and launching himself up?

I'm not normally  a stat guy especially where penalties come into play. But tonight he was iconic and deserves the recognition.

He has gone missing in domestic cups but maybe, just maybe, he gets a bit more respects from me and the other detractors.

I will stop short of calling him a club legend but I loved him tonight as well as a deserved post-match interview. All club captains should remain humble.

I loved him tonight.