*****The Official Dundee vs Rangers Match Thread*****

toolongawake

20 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

If only one other team would put in a performance against the scum.

Glad we didn’t have to rely on a dodgy penalty though.

I would have thought by now teams would have figured them out and not to sit back and keep it right for the first 15, instead push forward, snap into tackles and press them early. 

Once they get ahead they are quite good at quickly taking advantage of that, but not sure their mentality is the same when they concede first. 

29 minutes ago, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Beat scum next Sunday for god sake! 

A draw is the absolute minimum to keep the title alive, although we obviously all want the win. Just don’t fucking lose (but just fucking win!)

8 minutes ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

What’s the difference between bog roll and ticker tape?

Sky guy called it ticker tape😂

I’d hate to be caught need a shit in his house.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Fair play to big Goldson, two goals in two weeks.

I’ll say it again, Roofe and Morelos need to start together. If that means a 3-5-2 then so be it.

The lack of goals in Kent, Arfield, Aribo means we can’t continue to play them in the hope something happens.

We need to switch formation back to last season. Our biggest wins came with a 4-3-1-2

Stick morelos and Roofe up front. Then give someone the free role behind them.

1 minute ago, Geo17 said:

We played our best football last season with the 2 of them up top in the 4312 position. Some people don't rate roofe. He's a big part of the reason we won the league last season. He's close to 15 goals this year and has been at best, a bit part player

One of the big issues for us this season has been the number of games we have been missing big players. 

Helander, Roofe, Jack are all players we can argue would be first 11 players and have been missing for a sizeable chunk of the season through injury and lack of fitness. The three of them coming back now, added with a fit Ramsey puts us in a really strong position come the end of the season. 

Harsh as it sounds, I would be looking to sell Helander and Roofe at the end of the season as we need guys who can play 40+ ganes, or at least be available for the bench. 

5 minutes ago, Geo17 said:

We played our best football last season with the 2 of them up top in the 4312 position. Some people don't rate roofe. He's a big part of the reason we won the league last season. He's close to 15 goals this year and has been at best, a bit part player

We’ve tried umpteen players in the number 10 and right wing role and they all are offering nothing.

Roofe offers a goal threat.

51 minutes ago, watty. said:

You think today's performance is acceptable,or any of our other away performances since gio took charge ?

Fuck up

You fuck up and admit he made the required changes we took the game to them second half.  
cheeky prick. 

1 minute ago, superallysbears said:

The manager needs to pick the right team to start games, I get we need to rotate the first eleven because of how many game's we've got, he could do better at this.

Problem with rotation is our squad depth. Rotation only works when you have a good depth of squad. We don’t 

12 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Fair play to big Goldson, two goals in two weeks.

I’ll say it again, Roofe and Morelos need to start together. If that means a 3-5-2 then so be it.

The lack of goals in Kent, Arfield, Aribo means we can’t continue to play them in the hope something happens.

We should be playing  3-5-2 against the majority of the hammer throwers in this league

2nd half was the energy that should have been from the first minute. 

We should be fired up like that from the off not need our baws booted at half time.

Tbf Gerrard had to constantly kick their collective arses many times at half time it's a mentality thing with this lot, hopefully today they understand that no one is rolling over for us and we have to fight like fuck to get the points, but it's probably wishful thinking. 

2 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

That's fair about the sqaud but tactics as well plays a part, two DMs today is not the way to go against Dundee.

Exactly what I said. Gio has a habit of being overly cautious.  When the brakes are off we are far better