Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

Cannae really see why anyone would think Ajax would pay north of €20m and not have watched us inside out over the period they were tracking Bassey.  During this time they would have seen our backline, minus bassey,  is made of chocolate and fingers would have been crossed they got us in the draw 

32 minutes ago, JWAC said:

Squad has been too big for years filled with utter shite like zungu, simpson, sakala, barker etc etc

Players the fans know won't make it but we sign them anyway, never mind the injury prone players we constantly waste our money on. The club is not performing and the europa league run papered over the cracks

I had actually forgotten about Zungu. Thanks :belm:

We should start introducing our youth who actually do look decent, this crop. I am not advocating for seven youth in up at the sheep, but there is absolutely no reason we should not be playing our promising youth team players over some of the utter shite / players who have had their day in this squad. I would be amazed if that happened, though.

One of the things I find baffling about Gio (apart from his refusal to just set up a team to go out and batter SPFL dross) is the fact he hasn't signed a single player he knows from the Dutch league. Surely he, or his backroom staff, are aware of players that are in our price range and could be effective for us 

anyone notice that Gio said Tav had been carrying a knock for a couple of weeks but before the old firm hit that weird rumour on the head at the time, that was going around tav wasn’t training or something was up with him saying he was fine. Just a small pointless observation tbh.

7 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

You don’t think Dortmund could have paid us that money for Bassey?

So you think a manager of Rangers should be sacked cos he loses a Champions League game? That’s crazy.

its thr champions league the step up is huge.

Liverpool are 4 down away it’s says it all

2 minutes ago, CR3 said:

anyone notice that Gio said Tav had been carrying a knock for a couple of weeks but before the old firm hit that weird rumour on the head at the time, that was going around tav wasn’t training or something was up with him saying he was fine. Just a small pointless observation tbh.

Yep, noticed that as well.

Tav also appears to have bulked up in upper body muscle mass to me? Not really sure why, but don't think he's been at his dynamic best so far.

5 minutes ago, Amato said:

One of the things I find baffling about Gio (apart from his refusal to just set up a team to go out and batter SPFL dross) is the fact he hasn't signed a single player he knows from the Dutch league. Surely he, or his backroom staff, are aware of players that are in our price range and could be effective for us 

You would of thought there would be a couple players in the teams around the top 4 in that league we could of gone for or some good young prospects coming through he would of known about we could of snapped up. Only one we was linked with was that dohki so God knows what happened but he looked decent.

Just now, Scottywellhousetb said:

Then you are as young as you are naive, stupid and blind.

Gio goes tomorrow the same problems are still there, we’ll not win the league, fans will still have the cunt ripped right out them from the club, same players that lets us down at pretty much every opportunity will still let us down.

8 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

So you think a manager of Rangers should be sacked cos he loses a Champions League game? That’s crazy.

its thr champions league the step up is huge.

Liverpool are 4 down away it’s says it all

I think he should be sacked because his players have downed tools in two big matches