****The Official St. Mirren Vs Rangers Match Thread****

2 hours ago, HG5 said:

Stupid question alert!

Are Stirling Uni made up solely of current students, or do they play ex-students, or cast their net even wider?

not sure on that  but they were a young looking team with lots of energy  a lot more than we had  we looked like the 1st team play 10 passes when 2 would do

First time in a few years going to a game genuinely feels like a chore again 

Not felt this way about a game since the days of Murty 

Obviously go and hope we win and it sparks something for the next two massive games but just know it’s going to be another 90 minutes of huffing and puffing 

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I get people knowing the league's done but I'll never understand Rangers fans not bothered about a Rangers game/result. I get upset if we don't win friendlies.

Idgaf about the game tomorrow because there’s nothing on the line. End of season dead rubber. 

There are only 2 meaningful games left this year, the home leg v Braga and the Scottish Cup semi. 

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I get people knowing the league's done but I'll never understand Rangers fans not bothered about a Rangers game/result. I get upset if we don't win friendlies.

Think we all obviously want us to win, just theres no enthusiasm for the game 

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Idgaf about the game tomorrow because there’s nothing on the line. End of season dead rubber. 

There are only 2 meaningful games left this year, the home leg v Braga and the Scottish Cup semi. 

You're wrong if you don't think this game carries something towards those two important games but. A good solid win, finding a way to goal and bagging a few gets rid of the mental block we have about scoring goals and gives us some confidence going into those two games.

19 minutes ago, billscott said:

not sure on that  but they were a young looking team with lots of energy  a lot more than we had  we looked like the 1st team play 10 passes when 2 would do

Cheers.

Not great then.

If anything struck me as a failing last weekend, it was the relentless desire to find someone outside to pass it to, rather than actually doing anything positive themselves.

Nobody willing to break the lines.

Sounds like the young guys are getting brainwashed with the same routines.

Your comment of ‘10 passes when 2 would do’ reminds me of Doug Baillie & Co from The Sunday Post!

23 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

i think we're feeling deflated, how we went from undefeated last season to the shit show we've witnessed this season under the same players and tactics, this is not just about one or two player not pulling their weight this is about the whole team thinking "all we need to do is just turn up" greegs is being beating from outside the box, near posts and allowing crossed balls into the box, he never did that last season, the defense allowing the opposition to walce passed them  by leaving massive gaps at the back, the middle not helping with the chopping and changing and the front three is just dire to watch, kent thinking he can flyu passed players, aribo trying to beat his man and then losing the ball and not to mention the delaying of shooting while in the open.

fuck knows what's happened this season and this coming week is either going to pile on the misery for us or its going to be some what salvageable.

21 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You're wrong if you don't think this game carries something towards those two important games but. A good solid win, finding a way to goal and bagging a few gets rid of the mental block we have about scoring goals and gives us some confidence going into those two games.

Exactly mate.

This reliance on Morelos talk is putting some sort of hoodoo over both players & support, it appears.

The scum had 6 (six) different scorers today.

A lot of players in our group need to have a very long, hard look at themselves and ask whether they’re doing enough.

34 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Obviously go and hope we win and it sparks something for the next two massive games but just know it’s going to be another 90 minutes of huffing and puffing 

What really pisses me off is that this should be an absolutely electric end to the season, entering the last 6 weeks with 3 trophies to play for (1 priority with a sack load of cash attached).

One utterly lacklustre performance has knocked the arse out of that completely.

Today’s goalfest from the beggars hasn’t helped, but we simply can’t allow them to ride off into the sunset, as appears to be the way it will play out.

Doubly dispiriting when the team appears to get up for Europe, while not even having enough to see through a brilliant start against the beggars.

I said before last week, I hoped we wouldn’t get 2 up then start thinking about Thursday.

It seems we got one up, before the minds drifted off…

Not going to bother watching another turgid and boring performance. We have 2 games that matter now. The rest are not worth it and should be used for getting people fit and giving the young ones breaking through some game time.

P.S get Ramsey to fuck.

47 minutes ago, Garnock Blue said:

Stutter to a win tomorrow, put everything into Braga Game, nothing left in the tank for Sunday...

Finish 2-1 us on Thursday, get put out on penalties and then gubbed on Sunday. 

Then it's a couple of months to wait for Gio to fuck the qualifiers 

39 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Exactly mate.

This reliance on Morelos talk is putting some sort of hoodoo over both players & support, it appears.

The scum had 6 (six) different scorers today.

A lot of players in our group need to have a very long, hard look at themselves and ask whether they’re doing enough.

I don't think many of us realize that we are so far from that kind of performance and collective. 

18 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Finish 2-1 us on Thursday, get put out on penalties and then gubbed on Sunday. 

Then it's a couple of months to wait for Gio to fuck the qualifiers 

Win tomorrow, gain some momentum for Thursday, beat Braga and win the semi-final.

Try it now and again mate, it's good for your mental health.

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

First split under Gerrard, and the end of his second season tbf

1 hour ago, ZZed said:

Not going to bother watching another turgid and boring performance. We have 2 games that matter now. The rest are not worth it and should be used for getting people fit and giving the young ones breaking through some game time.

P.S get Ramsey to fuck.

Why would we get our best player to fuck? Makes sense don’t it? Pay £2m to cover his wages then get rid of him for no reason when he’s the best player we have :belm:

18 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

As much as I don’t really care about the outcome of today, with the league being done…

We could really use a big morale boosting win with lots of goals to get our hopes up for Thursday. 

It would be nice.  Based on current form, I just don't see where the goals are coming from.