****The Official St. Mirren Vs Rangers Match Thread****

Would use these games to try new things like scoring goals. Different formation to suit the players we have available. Also get Lowry involved and generally change from the players who are constantly letting the manager down.

Mainly just wanted to show off my formation maker I found but 

Screenshot_20220408-104048.png

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Would use these games to try new things like scoring goals. Different formation to suit the players we have available. Also get Lowry involved and generally change from the players who are constantly letting the manager down.

I'd agree, but change Diallo for Itten - neither Itten or Roofe are capable of the lone striker role, but given our lack of goals we need to try something and two strikers seems an obvious one. With Barasic and Tav able to provide width and Lundstrum capable and comfortable dropping back, it's mad GvB hasn't tried starting like this yet.

1 minute ago, AljayBoy said:

I'd agree, but change Diallo for Itten - neither Itten or Roofe are capable of the lone striker role, but given our lack of goals we need to try something and two strikers seems an obvious one. With Barasic and Tav able to provide width and Lundstrum capable and comfortable dropping back, it's mad GvB hasn't tried starting like this yet.

Possibly. Itten may suit a 2 up top team better but I just generally think he's a shite footballer. But aye, baffling that we've no tried out a different formation.

58 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Your dropping Bassey? Apart from that I do feel we are missing a trick with Diallo

9 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Your dropping Bassey? Apart from that I do feel we are missing a trick with Diallo

I feel Bassey has been shite lately. Borna has been shite too. Maybe harsh on Bassey but I felt when Borna came on last night he immediately took up better positions down the left and got in a good cross which bassey never done all night.

nothing at stake here apart from pride  rest the main players as st mirren are full of hammer throwers

mclaughlan polish guy helander king barasic  davis sands mcann  roofe weston wright   if lowry is fit  than lowry for wright

30 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I feel Bassey has been shite lately. Borna has been shite too. Maybe harsh on Bassey but I felt when Borna came on last night he immediately took up better positions down the left and got in a good cross which bassey never done all night.

Aye I agree with you there, seemed as though Bassey had been told not go forward last night though. We do need to do something different though.