****The Official St. Mirren Vs Rangers Match Thread****

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

First split under Gerrard, and the end of his second season tbf

I did think of that but Gerrards first season we still knew we where a work in progress from the team Gerrard took over the summer before . There was signs of improvement , we went on a bit of a run when the title was more or less done and fans seemed genuinely optimistic for the first time in a while that we were not finishing a season as a complete basket case of a club .

the game against them at Ibrox for example that season in the split everyone was right up for it. 

Second season was looking very grim after Hearts in the cup and Hamilton at home and probably would have been comparable but then Covid and everything that went on with that happened 

Rangers game today but I am more interested in the final round from Augusta. The very definition of a dead rubber. Hope that we win but I shall take the wife out for breakfast rather than watch it on RTV. Sausages, eggs (over easy), hash browns and toast with lots of coffee is more appealing.

Last two games have destroyed my enthusiasm for this one. 

11 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Rangers game today but I am more interested in the final round from Augusta. The very definition of a dead rubber. Hope that we win but I shall take the wife out for breakfast rather than watch it on RTV. Sausages, eggs (over easy), hash browns and toast with lots of coffee is more appealing.

Last two games have destroyed my enthusiasm for this one. 

Fat bastard loyal.

9 hours ago, ZZed said:

Not going to bother watching another turgid and boring performance. We have 2 games that matter now. The rest are not worth it and should be used for getting people fit and giving the young ones breaking through some game time.

P.S get Ramsey to fuck.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Suns out and theres no chance I am wasting another Sunday watching that turgid shite today.

10 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Going out for the day, then home for Man City v Liverpool.

Not wasting any more Sunday's on this shower of Keech

That’s the spirit lads..:ang:

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Gonna go against the grain on here and watch the game 👍

I’m old enough to know better, but I really can’t stand not knowing what’s going on!

Just now, Brackley Bluenose said:

Be amazed if we win this today, we always struggle with these post European Sunday games and now trying to do that without Morelos we look utterly toothless. What a shite end to the season. 

Better teams than us struggle with these games before & after the Euro ties, so no real surprise if it happens to us.

Pointless game. The next two fixtures are pretty much all that’s left and even if we do somehow get past the semi they’d probably bottle the final again. 
Just looking forward to how many we can get rid off and hopefully get some quality in 

27 minutes ago, GetToTheChoppa said:

Gut feeling is this has a late St Mirren equaliser after a defensive fuck up all over it.

I thought the complete opposite. 

Defensive fuck up in the first few minutes followed by the most laboured build up before an equaliser and missing a late penalty.

It will be a battle today, and we will need to be right up for it, although strangely I don't think they have won at home in 2022 (sure I read that the other day). 

We need to bring our pressing game right from the start today and try and put the game out of sight by half-time and actually make it easier for ourselves for a change.

I would start with some pace. I would persist with Sakala down the middle as I think whoever we pick as centre forward we need to stick with them for a few games rather than chop and change the striker every game, and even though I know Roofe is the better player, the ball never sticks to him. Lundstram, Jack, Ramsey as the midfield 3 with Ramsey as the link between midfield and attack. 

I would love to see us going with two up top but we more than likely stick with one.