Alex Lowry

Broxi

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Collum made somewhere around 40-45k last season from being a part-time official. Can't speak for anyone else but I'd be more than happy to make that level of money for what amounts to (on a busy week) a few hours work, twice a week.

And it doesn’t matter how incompetent you are.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Aye, goes down as you slide down the leagues - and also includes their expenses - while UEFA pay even more for internationals etc. From what I remember, the last time that there was any serious discussions over going FT, they'd basically make the same amount over the course of a season as they did as PT officials while being unable to do any outside work.

I know of officials who travelled together to away games, claiming individually, but actually car shared.

They're out for as much as they can make.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I know of officials who travelled together to away games, claiming individually, but actually car shared.

They're out for as much as they can make.

Funnily enough, when that was put to referees as a way to cut costs and increase the money available to pay them, they point blank refused.

I would have had him training back with the first team and bringing him on for minutes. Can think of at least three games where we could have used him / done with the unique skill set he brings. Was really surprised when he continued to be back down there.

As for that piece of pondlife filth...

1 minute ago, Ibrox_Nights said:

I would have had him training back with the first team and bringing him on for minutes. Can think of at least three games where we could have used him / done with the unique skill set he brings. Was really surprised when he continued to be back down there.

As for that piece of pondlife filth...

Someone said he returned for preseason in poor shape. 

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Collum made somewhere around 40-45k last season from being a part-time official. Can't speak for anyone else but I'd be more than happy to make that level of money for what amounts to (on a busy week) a few hours work, twice a week.

But it's a very short career (finished at 45?) as a referree, so I'd argue that the remuneration should be commensurate with the fact that when you move on you'd be going back to square one in you "lifetime" career. On that basis, there's next to no chance anyone with the potential for a good career outside football would effectively make themselves less employed at the age of 45 than their peers, or end up on lesser salary at 45 because you've had to go in to a job lower down the ladder.

Well, that's how I'd look at it :)

It’s funny. We send players off for a flick of a finger to someone’s hair.

But a high, out of control, full pace challenge. That has a high probability of injuring an opponent (regardless if they win the ball). Is almost applauded on this country. And certainly officiated that way..

Every country has moved on. Yet we wonder why as a nation we aren’t producing young, attacking, creative players.

Tackle viewed from a different angle.

Fucking scandalous challenge. No real interest in the ball, all about retribution for how well Lowry had played and harming an opponent.

Yellow fucking card.  Fucking joke.

59 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tackle viewed from a different angle.

Fucking scandalous challenge. No real interest in the ball, all about retribution for how well Lowry had played and harming an opponent.

Yellow fucking card.  Fucking joke.

That is hellish.