*****The Official Livingston V Rangers Match Thread*****

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Eh, the negativity is based upon him being poor on quite a number of occasions last season when it mattered? :confused:

It’s actually a good thing you have me blocked on here nowadays because you’ve clearly not used the summer off to learn anything.

I don't have you blocked. I choose to ignore you. If you look earlier in the thread, you will see I selected McLaughlin for my team. All I said is McGregor didn't do himself any harm today.

Congratulations on your fatherhood. Maybe it's time to concentrate more on that rather than on what I have to say on a football forum.

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

I don't have you blocked. I choose to ignore you. If you look earlier in the thread, you will see I selected McLaughlin for my team. All I said is McGregor didn't do himself any harm today.

Congratulations on your fatherhood. Maybe it's time to concentrate more on that rather than on what I have to say on a football forum.

:lol:

7 hours ago, bluenoz said:

You are looking for faults that aren't there. He made one bad kick from his goal.

There was definitely more than "one bad kick".  Quite a few terrible passes throughout the game.  Sadly time has caught up with McGregor and we need to move on.

14 hours ago, GabrielTomato said:

Don't think we can throw Davies in straight away, I assume he'll get some game time in a bounce match hopefully.

So would go for :

McLaughlin

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic

Lundstram Kamara

Matondo Lawerence Kent 

Colak

On the commentary yesterday Tom said that there's a behind closed doors game today at the training ground for those no involved. Not sure if he mentioned who the opposition were right enough. 

13 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Should’ve played the friendly at Almondvale today so the new players know what they’re letting themselves in for.

We’ve got a great record away to them but it’s a tricky first game.

Glad Colak got a goal today.

2-1 win. 

Can't see any reason why Spurs wouldn't have wanted to risk their players on a shite surface to help us out in our preparations. 

They'd likely have preferred the atmosphere of a stadium holding a fifth of Ibrox capacity.

Oh and I'm sure Livingston would happily have obliged our stadium rental request when we explained it would help us against them next week.

Tbh mate I've no idea why Rangers didn't make this happen 😂

8 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Can't see any reason why Spurs wouldn't have wanted to risk their players on a shite surface to help us out in our preparations. 

They'd likely have preferred the atmosphere of a stadium holding a fifth of Ibrox capacity.

Oh and I'm sure Livingston would happily have obliged our stadium rental request when we explained it would help us against them next week.

Tbh mate I've no idea why Rangers didn't make this happen 😂

Not sure Livingston wouldn't have had any say in the matter. The stadium is operated by West Lothian Council and the pitch is available for hire like various others who have artificial surfaces. There are junior teams play there every week and I think it might even host an amateur league there too.

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Not sure Livingston wouldn't have had any say in the matter. The stadium is operated by West Lothian Council and the pitch is available for hire like various others who have artificial surfaces. There are junior teams play there every week and I think it might even host an amateur league there too.

😁 

Pretty sure LIvi take priority tho and were playing at the same time yesterday. Regardless, still a genius idea, we've definitely missed a trick 😂😂

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

😁

Pretty sure LIvi take priority tho and were playing at the same time yesterday. Regardless, still a genius idea, we've definitely missed a trick 😂😂

They do. Tbf, it's largely the same logic that sees teams given the chance to train at grounds 24 hours ahead of european games.

11 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Their pitch is wee and artificial.  They make us work hard.  

Still expect us to beat them by 2 or more goals. 

The pitch is an oversized doormat that is the biggest leveller you can get. Why we did not take the opportunity to stage a vote when we had the numbers to get artificial surfaces banned in the Premiership is beyond me. Now we have Kilmarnock back up with what I have read is an even worse surface than the one at Livi.

That being said, we should still be far too strong for Livi and hopefully we can score a few and get the message out that we mean business.

McLaughlin 

Tav Goldson Souttar Barisic 

Lundstram Kamara 

Matondo Lawrence Kent 

Colak 

Fully expect Davies and Yilmaz to come in for Souttar and Barisic but think Livi will be too soon for both. 
Wouldn’t  risk Jack on that shambles of a Livi pitch either. 

Looking forward to this, dangerous plastic pitch and potential for injuries aside.
Kent talks about being doubled or tripled-up against, especially by teams like Livi.
Hopeful that quick movement from Matondo & Colak will help him around these packed defences.
I really think that our 'flair' players will be able to show us a lot more this season.
Livi 1 - RFC 3.