*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Some good stuff being played by us tonight

It is up to a point mate. It feels like we get so far then run out of ideas. Apart from the pen the only chance I remember creating was the Colak header. Still struggling from open play.

Need to dig in but we can do this.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We've done ok without being brilliant. Lawrence was excellent for a good chunk of that half.

Arfield has to come off at HT or soon after.

Can’t wrap my head around starting him. His value is as an impact sub and that’s the only way he’s worked in the last 18 months. When you start him he just vanishes!

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Kent off for me , we cannot play with a winger who cant beat a player , guy has been fuckin shocking.

Thing is, we're being too predictable again. Almost all our attacks are coming down the left and Kent has 2, sometimes 3, players on him. We need to mix up our attacking play - go central, go down the right flank. When the opposition can't overload on their right side Kent will get more space to attack.

I'd be tempted to bring off Sands tbh.. he doesn't fill me with confidence.  He has made some absolutely excellent 50/50 tackles in that half but he is just one mistimed challenge away from being sent off. 

If that shite pen hadn't been given against us last week then we'd be level now.  

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Good when in possession. His timing for tackles ain't great.

Idk from what I mind he only had 2 dodgy challenges, the one near the end of the half where he fucked it but probably shat it as he's on a card and the tactical foul that he got booked for. Doing OK otherwise imo

To be honest some good spells, but in reality its the maximum we couldve gotten from the 1st half. Hopefully some changes are made and Alfie comes in soon. Crucial goal in the right time where they were actually getting a hold of the game. Hopefully we come in firing on all cylinders 2nd half. Mon the Gers! 

Just now, RDB14 said:

This is a myth.  It was his goal that led to the pen and if we get Alfie on then Borna's ability to cross from deep could be vital.

Shut up haha. It's no a fucking myth. Every time he's been in possession he's went back the way or sideways. He played that cross from so deep because he's not getting far enough forward.

Just now, RobertN said:

Thank fuck will take that 

Bit disjointed and isolated but the effort was there at the start

Some suicideale  passing in midfield  and last ditch tackles though thought the Tilman tackle was a VAR pen

It was definitely outside the box, not even on the line ( which would be a penalty ).