*****The Official Rangers v Union Saint-Gilloise Thread*****

G.E.C.

Better result for us that PSV are up next IMHO for the very simple reason that we will be playing on a proper surface come the second leg. The surface at Monaco is notoriously bad, almost worse than a plastic effort, so hopefully we will be able to play as we know we can. Slight downside is that we will be up against a hostile atmosphere in the return, had it been Monaco we would have taken over half the stadium, as it is I reckon we can expect no more than 1500 for the travelling Bears.

All that being said, I am ecstatic that we are discussing this as I made it perfectly clear in pre match posts that I did not see us turning it around. Very happy to have been proved wrong.

10 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

One of my all time favourite games and for me Bobby Russels goal the best ever. Shouldve won the EC that year.

We had a magnificent team of Scots. My favourite goal of all time. The chip from wee tommy for the first was special as well.

Some hairy moments, but another performance full of character. Not too fussed about singling any player out for criticism, even our best players on the night did some very sloppy things.

5m pocketed, shitey wee team sent on their way and a big opportunity lying in wait for us. 3rd time lucky. 

Credit to Gio btw, didn't think he'd pick such an attacking midfield. Worked like a charm and more than makes up for last week.