Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Could have kept him on bench, not played him but looked for a sale.

Instead, we’ve advertised to all and sundry that we think he’s unfit and has a stinking attitude.

The club is an absolute shambles from boardroom to footballing side.

we’ll sell for 3 million now before window shuts.

Tbf I think any potential buyers could have worked that out for themselves on Saturday 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

This is what I think too, I'd just rather the club were more upfront about it. If there's been a further incident after the red card then they could easily have kept this in house - at least until after Wednesday night.

Aye. I'm not a fan of our media strategy as you know. But i reckon they thought getting ahead of the story would be better than the media getting wind of Morelos not being on the flight over and a story breaking that way. Although that actually feels like the lesser of the two evils. However it panned out, it's probably always going to be a sideshow before the match.

1 minute ago, AGM_72 said:

Aye. I'm not a fan of our media strategy as you know. But i reckon they thought getting ahead of the story would be better than the media getting wind of Morelos not being on the flight over and a story breaking that way. Although that actually feels like the lesser of the two evils. However it panned out, it's probably always going to be a sideshow before the match.

'Picked up a knock so he hasn't travelled'

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It doesn't mean the club haven't handled it atrociously.

They have broken him back into the team gently like fine china

They've tolerated the fact that he is well out of condition giving him every chance to shape up.

They needed him to do his job on Saturday for just a portion of the game and he let himself and his hard-working colleagues down badly.

The club reflect over the weekend, speak to senior players and, having gauged opinion, reached a decision and announced it.

The timing is unfortunate but that aspect is out of the club’s hands and I would rather they announced their decision as opposed to 48 hours of rumour and speculation as we prepare for the game.

The matter has been addressed and, like Morelos, has been left in Glasgow until after the game.

Which part of that is the most “atrocious”?

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Sounds like a potential addiction issue, and I'd hope we support him through it if it is, but in the meantime we're doing the right thing by dropping him.

Going out on the piss twice is hardly an addiction issue. Im pretty sure if he had addiction issues it would have come to light sooner. I personally think his nose is out of joint and he's just acting like a spoilt wee fanny.

These days clubs are all over the sports science thing,there will be hydration tests (prob every training day) and IF he's turned up 1/2 cut then thats unforgivable for a player looking for fitness and condition

We need to bring ALL our attacking talent to bear on PSV tomorrow night and the wee mans fucked it for himself and us if the bevy stories are true