***The Official Rangers vs Napoli Thread***

Dan Deacon

3 minutes ago, Thermopylae said:

Often teams rally when many are writing them off and I'm hoping that's what happens here 

Can you give me an example of that? I can’t think of any time in recent memory when we or any other side has been collapsing domestically and they have rallied to improve, without a change of in at least the management set up or player personnel 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Can you give me an example of that? I can’t think of any time in recent memory when we or any other side has been collapsing domestically and they have rallied to improve, without a change of in at least the management set up or player personnel 

As a short term change my first Old Firm game back in 85 when we won 3-0 and were streets ahead of the manks comes to mind. It was a dire season (in fact we finished in 5th place :ang:) but it just all fell into place that day. I do take your point if there are long term systemic problems it can be more difficult ... perhaps SAF turning it around at old trafford when a lot down south were beginning to wonder?

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Struggling to feel up for this to be honest. Hopefully more into it tomorrow. Fear an absolute scudding off them. 

I’ve reset all my expectations with this shower of shitebags. Assume they’re going to let us down so anything else is a bonus. Scunnered. :ang:

3 hours ago, folkestoneger said:

That’s what I was getting at. We don’t play such a high risk , high defensive line game so hopefully they won’t have the same space in behind our defence

Yea, but our passing at the back is very much high risk and littered with personal mistakes.

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

As a short term change my first Old Firm game back in 85 when we won 3-0 and were streets ahead of the manks comes to mind. It was a dire season (in fact we finished in 5th place :ang:) but it just all fell into place that day. I do take your point if there are long term systemic problems it can be more difficult ... perhaps SAF turning it around at old trafford when a lot down south were beginning to wonder?

Mind that game well. We lost 3 nothing to hearts the following week. Youre correct though, that performance came out of nowhere. We actually started that season well and won our first six games or something then we lost at home to dundee i think and everything went to fuck.

2 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If he is not willing to tweak his philosophy, most notably zonal marking, then his stubbornness will be his biggest failure.

I cant be fucked with zonal marking, I dont think ive seen many teams pull it off successfully. Our players certainly dont look comfortable at all with it. I see no benefit in continuing with it, its just inviting trouble.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

He said Tav is physically in a better place than Ajax. Doesn’t sound fit to me at all. 

Yeah didn’t say he was fit, spoke about him important he is and how a weeks break has been good for him but not that he’s fit.

Definite a concern for tomorrow.