The other mob

MisterC

29 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

They might might not win games off pure footballing ability but they win them through spirit and personality, something we are totally lacking!

I don’t know what that says for us, because if they don’t have ability and are scudding us 4-0, then we sure as hell don’t have it

33 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

Our board have basically had us resting on our laurels domestically for the last 2 seasons. Gio should be doing better domestically but no way was he backed like he shouldve been in the summer. To go into the champions league and the rest of the season after making the money we have with the midfield we have is laughable.

This is why I'll always question why the biggest chunk of money went on a LB that couldn't get into the team and a CB.

3 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Considering he’s not played in weeks it’s weird for people to greet about it 

He manged an outing against us not long after missing the game against them....and is injured again, in all honesty mate i couldn't give a fuck whether he plays or not....he is never throwing himself into challenges against them the way he does against us:lol:

Screenshot_20221105-182654_FotMob.jpg

I watched their full game today, usually just avoid it and hope to be 'surprised' on soccer saturday but because it was their first game at home with VAR I wanted to see how they'd react to it.

• I think their natural paranoia will work against them here, the atmosphere was terrible and you could sense the tension from their fans, they were almost waiting on decisions going against them and I thought that transcended onto the pitch, they were nowhere near as fluent as they have been.

• VAR slows the game down big time for them, you could see how fruatrated their players and manager was at the delays as it held up their game, they looked uneasy and nervy and never got a real rhythm or tempo after that VAR pen went against them

That second point could hurt us too though, we struggle as it is to maintain a high tempo so VAR could helpbthe diddies disrupt the play and make our games just as (if not more) awkward.

Just a few observations from their game, can't see me sitting through another full 90 anytime soon.

42 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I don’t know what that says for us, because if they don’t have ability and are scudding us 4-0, then we sure as hell don’t have it

It says it isnt too good. They have ability compared to the rest of the league but quite clearly they have an extra spirit we don't have.

25 minutes ago, Blue Nosed Babe said:

Sounds like far too many folks just want to hand them the league now.....

Do you think we'll win the league? Genuinely? 

It's not forfeiting to say you dont think we will but it is a majority opinion held on the forum and within the fan base.

They could could fall from grace like we did post Naismith 11/12 but its unlikely we'll pick up the spilt milk!

4 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

I watched their full game today, usually just avoid it and hope to be 'surprised' on soccer saturday but because it was their first game at home with VAR I wanted to see how they'd react to it.

• I think their natural paranoia will work against them here, the atmosphere was terrible and you could sense the tension from their fans, they were almost waiting on decisions going against them and I thought that transcended onto the pitch, they were nowhere near as fluent as they have been.

• VAR slows the game down big time for them, you could see how fruatrated their players and manager was at the delays as it held up their game, they looked uneasy and nervy and never got a real rhythm or tempo after that VAR pen went against them

That second point could hurt us too though, we struggle as it is to maintain a high tempo so VAR could helpbthe diddies disrupt the play and make our games just as (if not more) awkward.

Just a few observations from their game, can't see me sitting through another full 90 anytime soon.

I watched the last 40mins and the single biggest thing I noticed was when they are out of possession the intensity of their press is consistently high. 

15 hours ago, Swagger said:

This is last season all over again. We drop cheap points, they win games late on 

This.

There is no way we concede late equalisers to St J and Dundee Utd then go on and win the game. 

Same last season, I remember checking scores at 4.57pm on a Saturday and they were still drawing with Utd, turned on sky sports news to see they scored in 90+6.

We just don't do it anywhere near enough or even a fraction as often  as they do. 

50 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

This.

There is no way we concede late equalisers to St J and Dundee Utd then go on and win the game. 

Same last season, I remember checking scores at 4.57pm on a Saturday and they were still drawing with Utd, turned on sky sports news to see they scored in 90+6.

We just don't do it anywhere near enough or even a fraction as often  as they do. 

Dundee Utd equalised yesterday and you knew they would find a winner. 
No getting away from it they have far more options than us. They’ve had the St Mirren blip but won’t have many more - it’s already at the stage where  we can hardly afford any more dropped points