Sakala

falkirkNS

1 hour ago, JCDBigBear said:

I wouldn't say Tav cannot defend but he isn't the best at defending.  We have no decent cover for RB so I would play Sands there.  Tav is better than any of our wingers by a long way.   I'm only suggesting this as our current situation calls for some change in the set-up.  In truth, we need radical change in the football side.

Tav’s back up used to be Ryan Jack who would cover when he charged upfield. Kamara did the same for Barisic. No coincidence that both full backs are less effective with their support merely bit part players now.

Only player in our team that can consistently beat a man. Needs to work on his final delivery but at the minute he starts on the right. See how he does with a run of games. I think the fact that we rarely have anyone that makes runs into the box to get onto the cut back doesn't help as well tbh. He's a little shimmer of light in a dark place atm.

Love his enthusiasm, love how direct he normally is, but unfortunately he is poor at beating a man and crossing a ball.  His distribution could be much better.  Just don't think he is good enough to play for us consistently every week.  But, we don't have any other real options just now.  

2 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

Love his enthusiasm, love how direct he normally is, but unfortunately he is poor at beating a man and crossing a ball.  His distribution could be much better.  Just don't think he is good enough to play for us consistently every week.  But, we don't have any other real options just now.  

I actually think he is surprisingly good at beating a man, through sheer confusion.

It's just that once he has beat them, nothing much comes of it.

21 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Not going to slag him because I actually enjoy the unpredictability he has. 

To sum him up, there was a throw in the first half that he trapped stone dead under his studs but he clearly meant to pass it first time back to Tav :lol: 

Seen that and laughed. 

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I actually think he is surprisingly good at beating a man, through sheer confusion.

Not saying he can't, but if you look at how many times he takes a player on, more often than not he doesn't get by them.  And he def has the speed to do it.  I want him to come good. You're right he needs to work hard on his final ball though.

5 minutes ago, Gazza2258 said:

Think he gets past his man enough- often lucky break bounce.

Nightmare to play against as unpredictable, quick, carries a bit of fluke.

In our system we 100% need *winger that are strikers, looking to get in box to score. To drive at defenders, to cut across and shoot.

Leave the crossing to Tav on overlap.

Just now, mitre_mouldmaster said:

People rightfully comparing him to Ted McMinn. He also reminds me of my old mate Denis McQuade.

He's the only 1 that's showed any desire and hunger to keep his Jersey when played. Lacks the quality to be a long term answer but considering who else is behind him I'd play him every week just now. 

As for Kent he had a 10 minute spell round about when we scored that it looked like he was back to his usual self, the problem is the other 70 minutes he done fuck all again. I wouldn't have a problem with him losing the ball if he was trying to beat his man or create something but most of the time he loses it by turning back or trying to cut inside and play backwards. There was also a spell where it looked like he was just running to areas he knew he wouldn't get the ball, it's soo frustrating as he is a brilliant player when he wants to be. 

4 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

:mutley: he has just no idea what he's doing - defenders unsure if he'll go on the ouside or the inside and he runs straight into them.  Just a headless chicken with the ball. 

Also has no composure whatsoever and just lashes at everything or sclaffs his shots.  Just described Morelos as well there

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

He's the only 1 that's showed any desire and hunger to keep his Jersey when played. Lacks the quality to be a long term answer but considering who else is behind him I'd play him every week just now. 

As for Kent he had a 10 minute spell round about when we scored that it looked like he was back to his usual self, the problem is the other 70 minutes he done fuck all again. I wouldn't have a problem with him losing the ball if he was trying to beat his man or create something but most of the time he loses it by turning back or trying to cut inside and play backwards. There was also a spell where it looked like he was just running to areas he knew he wouldn't get the ball, it's soo frustrating as he is a brilliant player when he wants to be. 

Agree with that but means fck all when you are a Kilmarnock level player (and that's been kind)