Sakala

falkirkNS

One historical moment I will never forget was Candieas at Ibrox against Vienna. We are 2-1 up on 90 minutes and hanging on for dear life when Candieas boots a clearance up to the half way line chases his own clearance, wins it back, then back heels into the path of Morelos who races away to score the 3rd.

Moments like that one never forgets. Hopefully Sakala can go on and create similar unforgetable moments in the future'

On 30/10/2022 at 20:54, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Absolutely no point of people moaning about him and saying he’s not good enough week after week when we cannot address the position until January.

Sakala is the best option we have for the right wing position right now and he should keep his spot in the team.

I would contest that Tavernier would be a better option on the right wing instead of him playing at full back.  We would then need to have a new right back.  

On 31/10/2022 at 09:05, GersInCanada said:

One historical moment I will never forget was Candieas at Ibrox against Vienna. We are 2-1 up on 90 minutes and hanging on for dear life when Candieas boots a clearance up to the half way line chases his own clearance, wins it back, then back heels into the path of Morelos who races away to score the 3rd.

Moments like that one never forgets. Hopefully Sakala can go on and create similar unforgetable moments in the future'

I loved wee Candeias

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

He was absolutely average 

Being very kind to him there

11 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Heart of a lion but just wasn’t good enough.

Journeyman for a reason.

Watch the 4-0/5-0 games and it proves the heart of a lion pish as a myth. Let Tierney take the piss and cost us goals 

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I would contest that Tavernier would be a better option on the right wing instead of him playing at full back.  We would then need to have a new right back.  

We don’t even have 1 backup RB now, never mind 2 or 3 to think about moving our best RB in 15+ years to RW.

2 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

If we had 3 fit (experienced) centre halves i'd play 352 (or 3511) with Souttar on the right, Goldson in the middle, Davies on the left with Tav and Yilmaz more advanced where they could spend most of their time bombing forward or breaking up attacks in midfield.

Pity all our recognised defenders* bar Tav and Davies (*Barisic (shite) and King (inexperienced)) are fucked (and Tav and Davies don't seem to be fully fit either)

For what its worth, if fit, the team I would pick if everyone was fit would line up as follows:

Colak

Sakala

Yilmaz, Lawrence, Lundstram, Tillman, Tavernier (with Lowry replacing Lawrence and/or Tillman)

Davies, Goldson, Souttar

McGregor

What you'll get from Sakala is an honest shift, he'll work and run all day, you'll sometimes get an end product but more often won't but he'll never hide, it's not ideal but at the moment I'd rather fill the team with as much enthusiasm as possible until we start getting players back.

Our best player tonight, and played well on Saturday too.

Gets right on my tits though when he whacks a ball straight into an opposition player 5ft away without looking up. Does it time and time again. Sort that out and he'd be a better player. Moves well off the ball and very, very fast.

16 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

I’ve said this for ages. Tav is good going forward but by doing so he leaves himself wide open. A decent competent RB is a must imo because tav can not defend