Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

2 minutes ago, the cry was no said:

Not reading back so apologies if already discussed

I'm of the opinion that we have the players with more than enough to win in Scotland but 3 things have killed us and Gio

• Injuries have been horrific but not withstanding that..,,
  • Our playing style under Gio was dreadful, predictable and, therefor, easy to play against
  • Our fitness and stamina has fallen off a cliff which is incredible considering where both were at last season

Point one will hopefully start to ease, point 3 is needing addressed urgently and that then allows point 2 to be addressed

With better players back available and everyone with improved stamina and fitness, I'd personally love to see us adopt a high tempo, high energy attacking game as that would win almost every time in domestic football. We truly are in a two horse race and give them an advantage due to our style of play.

Dyche would solve 1 and 3 but I'm not convinced he'd solve the playing style

I'd love to see Bielsa if we could sort the money side of things.

each point you made was down to gio 

I thought knutsen would be a good manager for us. 

But at this time we need a real no nonsense style manager. I'd go with Dyche if available. 

He's said himself he's seen as 442 defensive manager. I think he would come here looking to show he is more than that. 

These players could also do with a tough taskmaster that will get them back fit and playing. 

2 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I thought knutsen would be a good manager for us. 

But at this time we need a real no nonsense style manager. I'd go with Dyche if available. 

He's said himself he's seen as 442 defensive manager. I think he would come here looking to show he is more than that. 

These players could also do with a tough taskmaster that will get them back fit and playing. 

Who do we have that plays in that 4-4-2 defensive system from the squad we have now **and how we scoring goals.

Tav    Golsdon  Davies  Borna

Lundstrm Jack 

Wright                                  Kent

Colak    Morelos 

Doesn't work for us. 

I think we have to go Narrow with Tav and Borna providing the crosses. 

4 -1 - 2- 2 

Same back 4

Lundstrum 

Tillman    Lawrence 

Colak  Morleos 

42 minutes ago, The FF Snitch said:

Reminds me of when Gerrard was first linked, @The Godfather called him a “wee slippy cunt” :lol:

Typically, he was announced as manager about a week later.

A slippy rat cunt now

Could Rangers look to Japan as well?

Kheredine Idessane

BBC Sport Scotland

The statement announcing Giovanni van Bronckhorst's departure is barely off the printer but Rangers have already started the search for his successor.

Two names have already been put to me: former Burnley boss Sean Dyche, who the Ibrox sporting director Ross Wilson worked with previously at Turf Moor, and the man who succeeded Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou at Yokomhama Marinos, ex-Rangers defender Kevin Muscat. He's just led Marinos to the J-League title...

Just now, the cry was no said:

2 and 3 definitely Gio

Injuries to Hagi, Helander, Souttar, Davies, Lawrence, Roofe, Jack, Ridvan, Goldson, Lowry etc - not sure how Gio gets the blame for these?

We did no fitness work in pre season, our injuries aren't a coincidence.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

We did no fitness work in pre season, our injuries aren't a coincidence.

They spent the full of preseason "working with the ball" and done next to fuck all fitness conditioning? I'd go as far to say that this is one of the biggest reasons gio has failed 

This next appointment is so fucking important for us, got to get it right.

Out of all the names mentioned i really don't know who would be best but there's still 2 cups to play for and apply some pressure in the league and you never know what could happen, however unlikely 

I just hope this all works out well