*****The Official Motherwell v Rangers Match Thread*****

4 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

he'll only get the sack when the league is long gone by a big gap and another humiliation by that lot

if almost every fan can see NOW is the time to get rid of him to save our season then the board can too,and by not doing so they are not doing their job

There will be doings off Napoli and Ajax but apparently that’s ok because CL is only a bonus. There is at least one more doing coming from that lot this season and you’re right it’s probably only after that he’ll either stand down or be sacked. 
All I can see now is us maybe just keeping up with celtic till the World Cup because our fixtures are favourable and they have a few tricky ones. We’ll both drop points but we’ll drop more - any team we go to now will see we are there for the taking. If we have a back four of Tav, Barasic, King and Sands teams will be lumping balls into the box at every opportunity.

Today will set the tone - we were absolutely humiliated a few days ago and if there is no reaction from these players, injuries or no injuries, then we might as well give up. 

Having read all the suggested alternative managers, I'm now pinning all hopes on Gio having a Halloween "Freaky Friday" personality swap.

I reckon without European matches, there might be a bit more of a consistent vision and approach.  The fact that he's playing Sakala, who I think we all know he thinks is a shite footballer, suggests he's being more pragmatic in his approach.

Most interested to see who is in goal today.

24 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

Having read all the suggested alternative managers, I'm now pinning all hopes on Gio having a Halloween "Freaky Friday" personality swap.

I reckon without European matches, there might be a bit more of a consistent vision and approach.  The fact that he's playing Sakala, who I think we all know he thinks is a shite footballer, suggests he's being more pragmatic in his approach.

Most interested to see who is in goal today.

The fact that the football is safety first dog shit suggest he’s more pragmatic in his approach tbh. 

If Davies doesn’t play and its King and Sands we need to play Lundstram in a sweeper type role. If they hit us on the counter and the wide areas are exposed then they’ll try and put crosses into the striker and having him there would give us an extra man and take pressure of the two centre backs.  If they try and play through balls through to the striker from midfield, having Lundstram behind them will also counteract this threat as well.

3 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

If he’s lost the dressing room and the players don’t like playing under him as the rumours suggest would honestly not be surprised if the players chuck it today. 

Don’t think it would make much difference. Think we’d need to lose a couple after this too for any action