****The official Rangers v the tarriers thread****

wully

Just now, .Williamson. said:

It is but I certainly don’t think we are as far off them as it seemed previously. 

Thought we made them very ordinary looking in that second half and they were lucky to get a draw

Arguably it isn't the OF games we need to look at, its the diddy games where we struggle to unlock them, tarriers have good teamwork but also have players who can produce moments of anything to get them the points

We dont really have that, walter used to have that and it made many differences, jelavic, naismith, mendes etc, hell even novo

Ita like our playera have been drilled in tactics too much, their first thought is to do the gameplan instead of what they think is needed

What i would give for someone of the mentality of gazza, de boer etc, players who can see how the game is going and change it up

3 minutes ago, Marco said:

We averaged more points under Gio last season than we did under SG. We were top of the league because that lot were a mess for the first few months. SG should have had us out of sight just as he should have seen us navigate 10 man Malmo.

We wouldn't have lost the league under Gerrard, just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

We had this game today mate and the managers decisions fucked it. Agreed we needed subs, but fuck me we needed people that would keep the cunts under pressure. Enter Jack, Wright, soul destroying mate. I knew it was done when they came on. We just invited the pressure. I’m not convinced about Beale at all. 

I think Alfie’s and Tillmans misses as well as tavs shite defending and Alfie’s hospital ball fucked us a lot more than the subs tbh.

Just now, bluenoz said:

I'm gonna defend Morelos a bit here and say he doesn't get to those two headers 2-3 weeks ago. He still looks unfit, but maybe his sharpness is about to happen. 

Is this blind faith or is there some truth to it?

Naaa he's just a shadow of the former player these days & I don't think it's coming back 

He spent the first 25 minutes doing his usual bullshit antics, cost us a goal then spent the rest of the half missing chances 

We're better off without this current Morelos in the team

1 minute ago, left winger said:

Everything you say there is true, and the first paragraph is the more relevant one, but they’ve been allowed to play by just about every team in the league, including us at Parkhead. When they’re pressed they ain’t that good - mistakes all over the place.

Again though they can play that way because opponents outwith us aren't good enough to take advantage of pressing them, and arent good enough to defend if the press is played through 

See when we play teams on their own box we do much better as well, however teams aren't as afraid of us and go toe to toe with us, abd a lot of that is to do with our weak minded players, 

Their first goal today, do you think their fullbacks do what tav did or do you think they absolutely smash the opponent

Absolutely gutted at that and was raging at full time but in the cold light of day feeling a bit more positive about where we are going:

- the game was changed by the substitutions and while Beale did make an error moving Sakala off the right, for me the bigger factor is the depth of bench we had available. Got to assume Colak and Roofe weren’t really fit and were there for emergencies. Bringing Arfield on for Kamara at the same time as Sands was probably the obvious one we missed out on.

- we made them look ordinary in the second half without being brilliant throughout ourselves. They aren’t a great team that we are going to struggle to catch up with - they have a system they are all coached into and put a lot of effort in but there is nothing massively sophisticated about the way they play

- they (once again) got incredibly lucky and every loose ball around their box seemed to drop to one of them and then their 2nd bounced favourably for them twice. Eventually that luck will run out

Next two transfer windows are massive for us but after today I don’t think it is the massive overhaul I thought it was when Gio left.

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Arguably it isn't the OF games we need to look at, its the diddy games where we struggle to unlock them, tarriers have good teamwork but also have players who can produce moments of anything to get them the points

We dont really have that, walter used to have that and it made many differences, jelavic, naismith, mendes etc, hell even novo

Ita like our playera have been drilled in tactics too much, their first thought is to do the gameplan instead of what they think is needed

What i would give for someone of the mentality of gazza, de boer etc, players who can see how the game is going and change it up

A lot of that is also squad depth. They’ve won  or drawn about 5 games this season with late goals. They change their front 5. And have guys like Jota and Abada off the bench.

We have sands, Jack and Wright.

Any chance this 5 sub rule gets binned? It massively favours them over us. Allows them to kill themselves pressing as well

4 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Nah this celtic team is far better.

They had Duffy, Barkas, Welsh, Klimala, Brown starting in the game we beat 2-0. They would get nowhere near this celtic team. Probably not even make the bench. 

as well as laxalt, elynoussi and ntcham

They certainly wouldn’t fit into this style of celtic team.

But that doesn’t t convince me this side is much better than when we won the league.

3 minutes ago, Iakona said:

No, but it’s not your average SPL team we are playing is it? We playing a team that’s showed they can catch and punish us on the counter time and time again. A high press against a team that’s just brought on a fresh legged Jota and Abada is potentially every bit as dangerous as sitting back.

Always a danger of being caught on the break. However I think we would have been more likely to win this one if we kept them up the pitch. 

We were getting joy against that backline especially with Sakala getting the better of juranovic. There pace counts for nothing if they can't get out. 

By dropping back and making the subs we did, we invited them on playing into their hands. 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

I'm gonna defend Morelos a bit here and say he doesn't get to those two headers 2-3 weeks ago. He still looks unfit, but maybe his sharpness is about to happen. 

Is this blind faith or is there some truth to it?

It's blind faith mate, he's in embarassing shape for the start of January, it's clear the pitch hunger has been replaced with the other hunger where he stuffs his face with whatever he wants to eat.  Imagine even saying in December he doesn't get to headers. There's 18 games left of this league season, how many more weeks do we need to wait on his fat ass getting up to speed? 

8 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

Yeah and Gerrard started with Pedro's team, even after how bad we've been this past year and a half our sqaud is not miles behind them, just needs managed properly and I think we'll be alot closer to them come May.

In OF games i agree, but in regular run of the mill games yeah we are miles behind them unfortunately 

Both gerrard and gio dropped more points each than fatboy has in the whole of 2022

9 minutes ago, left winger said:

Why not just start a ‘I hate Tillman’ thread? It would make things easier.

I dont hate the lad.

Like wright, sands, matundo etc hes not gping to win us league titles.

Had hagi, lawrence been fit, dont think we would have seen as much of him tbh.

2 minutes ago, Iakona said:

No, but it’s not your average SPL team we are playing is it? We playing a team that’s showed they can catch and punish us on the counter time and time again. A high press against a team that’s just brought on a fresh legged Jota and Abada is potentially every bit as dangerous as sitting back.

Then why bring on Sands and the shitebag Wright. Sands to defend and Wright for the supposed outball. Neither of the cunts are competent enough for a start. 

1 minute ago, Moody Blue said:

It's blind faith mate, he's in embarassing shape for the start of January, it's clear the pitch hunger has been replaced with the other hunger where he stuffs his face with whatever he wants to eat.  Imagine even saying in December he doesn't get to headers. There's 18 games left of this league season, how many more weeks do we need to wait on his fat ass getting up to speed? 

If he wanted to be match fit then he’d be match fit