Todd Furking Cantwell

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Same. Thought he was very talented but was worried about his mentality.

He’s absolutely what a Rangers player should be in that department.

I was absolutely the same, fantastic mentality.

His speed in the recovery was fantastic today (especially if you compare it to Matondo).

Just gets it. 

23 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Not liking Filth is always helpful if you are looking to have a successful stint at The Famous. TC was excellent today, was a joy to watch and deserves all the praise going.

However. A little bit of, understandable, getting carried away a wee bit about his performance today, although God knows, we needed that morale boost going into the summer break. If TC can produce that level of performance most weeks, and if Beale can bring in several much needed reinforcements of the required level, then things can only get better.

Again, however, as we all know, if is the biggest small word in the language, and unfortunately, we face the reality of yet another rebuild job in the summer, something we simply cannot keep doing year after year. We have to put a squad together that will be good for several seasons and bring some much needed stability, and silverware back to the Club. 

Beale earned himself some credibility and time today, here is hoping he uses his rewards for today wisely in the coming months.

He was at least a 9.5 / 10 today. No player not Messi or Haaland or Mbappe can perform at that level every week. I'd be more than happy if we got 8 / 10's from him most games with the occasional game above that.

14 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

Not long before the accusations of disrespectful start flying his way then, surprised they have not started after that delightful soft shoe shuffle he pulled off today.

In 3, 2, 1 .......:lol:

Seriously though, it is only a matter of time with our rancid media.

The guy digs like fuck, covers every blade of grass, has vision, close control, skill and  can pass and actually shoot on target.

He also fucking hates them, which is a massive plus.

He treats them with the utter contempt and disdain they deserve.

The same contempt and disdain their entire club and most of their players have shown us over the last decade.

Watch the narrative in our media change however for Cantwell's "lack of respect" for that mob.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

He was at least a 9.5 / 10 today. No player not Messi or Haaland or Mbappe can perform at that level every week. I'd be more than happy if we got 8 / 10's from him most games with the occasional game above that.

That was kind of what I was poorly attempting to get at, not expecting todays level of performance and commitment every week, of course not, but most weeks with a good display, the occasional fantastic, with of course the occasional day when he is just not at it, as is the case with every player.

8 minutes ago, bam74 said:

Was brilliant. Boy can play but his workrate is first class and he led by example today. Also shows zero respect to the Tims. Will be a big player for us next season. 

It also just shows when we play faster attacking football they cant cope .

Build his team around him.

Absolute baller today. Watching him rip the pish out the Taigs was rather pleasing on the eye.

He’s got swagger about him. Hopefully can back it up next season with some trophies. Needs some better players around him too though. Hopefully the board understand that and get some real quality in in the summer to compliment him.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

I'd make him captain.

Come at me.

I wish people would stop saying stuff like this. If Tav leaves then aye but while Tav is still a first team starter there's no chance he gets stripped of the captaincy. Another assist for the captain today. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

He done a tremendous bit of skill on the right hand side of midfield to absolutely skin two players before getting fouled. Bastard SKY didn't show a replay. Would love to see that again if anyone has the footage. 

Lost count of how many times we "fouled" one of their players without them showing a single replay. Get it up them :lol:

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Completely forgot about Tilman until you mentioned him . That says it all really. On two counts.

As much as Tillman is a fantastic young player with undoubtedly a golden future, I do wonder if he's part of the problem we have had with overly slow build ups. Neither Matondo or Sakala have the quality we require but their pace and aggressive running today was a big part of the difference from previous games against them this season.