Ridvan Yilmaz

5 hours ago, ianferguson said:

That first Newcastle goal showed Barasic up for the poor defender he is. Firstly he takes a bad touch and loses possession giving them a turn over, then he tries to compensate by covering centrally instead of holding his position, surprise surprise his unmarked man scores comfortably ,feels like I've seen it all before. 

Why did barisic come inside I'll never know, one striker once centre half, yet barisic leaves his man to double up on the striker

Get him to fuck 

7 hours ago, ianferguson said:

That first Newcastle goal showed Barasic up for the poor defender he is. Firstly he takes a bad touch and loses possession giving them a turn over, then he tries to compensate by covering centrally instead of holding his position, surprise surprise his unmarked man scores comfortably ,feels like I've seen it all before. 

Second goal was pretty Rangers as well, space down the right, cross not cut out, and LB sleeping.

How many times do we concede that goal. 

26 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Second goal was pretty Rangers as well, space down the right, cross not cut out, and LB sleeping.

How many times do we concede that goal. 

Shitty goal and one we've seen before.

Tbh though I'm not sure we even had a set defence at that point, was Lowry not on for Tav and it looked like we were going for the win?

32 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Shitty goal and one we've seen before.

Tbh though I'm not sure we even had a set defence at that point, was Lowry not on for Tav and it looked like we were going for the win?

Yeah I couldn’t remember who was at RB or his CB partner by then. 

57 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yeah I couldn’t remember who was at RB or his CB partner by then. 

RB was Wright, CB Balogun and Yfeko.

Yfeko did well initially to track the runner but then allowed him to get the cross in, header looked a bit lucky as it seemed to loop up pretty high and drop in.

I am in CR so not the best view.

5 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

It gave me the fear watching him defend a player a full foot taller than him by standing behind him.

Yeah, he’s going to have the develop a bit of aggression and work on upper body strength to make up for the lack of height.

Positional awareness is the first thing you want from defenders so that they get in front of the attacker but if they can’t then they need to have enough about them to challenge and put them off rather than giving them clear headers/tap-ins

5 minutes ago, ayro said:

RB was Wright, CB Balogun and Yfeko.

Yfeko did well initially to track the runner but then allowed him to get the cross in, header looked a bit lucky as it seemed to loop up pretty high and drop in.

I am in CR so not the best view.

Yfeko has 14 appearances in the lowland league, other than that it’s all youth appearances. I thought he did well last night and looked quite comfortable on the ball and his range of passing was decent.

I wouldn’t read too much into the cross since he obviously doesn’t want to challenge and bring him down for a penalty, so he just stood his ground. It was a makeshift defence by that point and I think if he comes in and plays alongside Goldson he’ll be better off for it (much like Bassey when he partnered goldson)

4 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Yfeko has 14 appearances in the lowland league, other than that it’s all youth appearances. I thought he did well last night and looked quite comfortable on the ball and his range of passing was decent.

I wouldn’t read too much into the cross since he obviously doesn’t want to challenge and bring him down for a penalty, so he just stood his ground. It was a makeshift defence by that point and I think if he comes in and plays alongside Goldson he’ll be better off for it (much like Bassey when he partnered goldson)

Yeah thought the kid did well, nice passing range and looked quite quick.

Totally agree on Goldson, he makes all of our defensive players better with his organisation and leadership, sooner he’s back the better.

35 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I also think Balogun was out of position slightly from memory meaning Yfeko had to come across and leave his side of the box exposed.

39 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Add to that he was beaten by a bit of two footed trickery by one of the best young attackers in Europe if not the world. I think we can give the lad a pass on this one especially as he looked very promising apart from that.

11 hours ago, ianferguson said:

This goes back to Lee Wallace, he used to be chronic for drifting out of position. And moving in centrally. 

The difference when Yilmaz came on was night and day imo, he will take a man on and beat him!

Playing Borna and Tav so deep totally negates their qualities (Borna has only 1 btw). It's basically 2 empty shirts as they contribute nothing defensively, other than showing our opposition a clear and obvious weak link and clear route to goal.

Ridvan was nowhere near his man to challenge for the header at the second goal but little gets said about it.

Meanwhile, it's all about slating Borna at the first goal. The midfield and Davies were equally exposed, leaving Barisic in no-man's-land.

Borna's was rubbish last night and his time may well be up and getting a fee in his last year is good business, but I'm still not convinced by Ridvan. 

I also thought Tav was nothing special last night.

57 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Ridvan was nowhere near his man to challenge for the header at the second goal but little gets said about it.

Meanwhile, it's all about slating Borna at the first goal. The midfield and Davies were equally exposed, leaving Barisic in no-man's-land.

Borna's was rubbish last night and his time may well be up and getting a fee in his last year is good business, but I'm still not convinced by Ridvan. 

I also thought Tav was nothing special last night.

Ridvan is a left back.  He was left to be centre-half against a giant of a forward at the second goal.  I also thought Butland could have came for the cross.