Welcome to Rangers, Dujon Sterling

Bydo

13 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

We've said it for years since gerrard arrived, scottish football is still in the dark ages compared to elsewhere, brute force over skill is still a prevailing factor up here 

Clement has put in a shit load of dig, heart and fight into this team (bar fucking barisic), we've went from guys like aribo, all the skill, none of the heart to guys like lawerence, cantwell, sterling etc (i know they weren't clement signings so the managers that signed them will be due a bit of praise, but clement has them all fighting and digging as a unit) 

This league will be won if we match other teams heart and fight, once we're toe to toe with them on that our better ability will shine through (like wed night) 

Ffs.

Good post Jim.  What's going on here?!

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ffs.

Good post Jim.  What's going on here?!

Argued it years ago mate, the amount of times our good players went missing post Xmas cause the tarriers put us under pressure

Argued it last season when beale had 6 big pressure games, he won 1,drew 1 and lost 4

As much as europe has been great bar the CL, its like we built a euro team forgetting domestically its the complete opposite, and i dare say its why guys like candieas are still held in high regard, technically not on someone like aribos level, but by fuck he wouldn't hide like aribo

1 minute ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Argued it years ago mate, the amount of times our good players went missing post Xmas cause the tarriers put us under pressure

Argued it last season when beale had 6 big pressure games, he won 1,drew 1 and lost 4

As much as europe has been great bar the CL, its like we built a euro team forgetting domestically its the complete opposite, and i dare say its why guys like candieas are still held in high regard, technically not on someone like aribos level, but by fuck he wouldn't hide like aribo

The fortitude and new found strength in the squad comes from the captain and grows from there 👍

2 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

DC was, and still is, one of my favourites of the last decade.  

I'm also a huge fan of Dujon Sterling by the way and would have him in the team on the right or middle, in every single game where there's likely to be a physical edge to it - not only does he match and win the physicality battle, the boy can fkn play too.

2 hours ago, evenstevens said:

DC was, and still is, one of my favourites of the last decade.  

I'm also a huge fan of Dujon Sterling by the way and would have him in the team on the right or middle, in every single game where there's likely to be a physical edge to it - not only does he match and win the physicality battle, the boy can fkn play too.

Start him there against the papes

Kind of gets away with being out of position against a back 4 or if we can stretch the other side with Cortes.

But against a back 5, having no natural wingers yesterday we became so narrow. There’s not that instinct to link up with Tav to get himself in behind.

Understandable. Shame we have no wingers as he is solid centrally

1 hour ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I think Sterling suffers a bit from Scott Wrightitis, looks great when he comes off the bench but does nothing when he starts. Great utility player to have but I can't see him being anything more than that tbh. 

😆 

17 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Kind of gets away with being out of position against a back 4 or if we can stretch the other side with Cortes.

But against a back 5, having no natural wingers yesterday we became so narrow. There’s not that instinct to link up with Tav to get himself in behind.

Understandable. Shame we have no wingers as he is solid centrally

We still had more than enough good chances yesterday in the game to win it, even being narrow if dessers and silva were any good yesterday we win that game even carrying the two doughballs at the back

1 hour ago, Dado'sMulls said:

I think Sterling suffers a bit from Scott Wrightitis, looks great when he comes off the bench but does nothing when he starts. Great utility player to have but I can't see him being anything more than that tbh. 

Scott Wright looks great when he comes off the bench? 

When????