*****Rangers v Ολυμπιακός*****

G.E.C.

Some look very very off the pace or not sure on the instructions. Just all very slow and compact.

We have important competitive games coming up.

Seemed a bit out muscled and out played tonight.... know they got away with a lot and got lucky with deflections,  bit didn't test their keeper enough. 

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

It's a friendly, if Rangers had went out and horsed them 6 nil it would have meant nothing, and given absolutely no indication how the season will turn out. So same applies in reverse.  Judge them on games that mean something.

We have a CL qualifier in less than 2 weeks.  Had this been our first pre-season friendly I'd agree but we should be in much better shape in preparation for these games.  

3 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Out played and totally bullied all over the park. We look miles of where we need to be and for me only Lammers and Soutar get pass marks tonight. 

Don’t agree out played, absolutely embarrassed by the goals we conceded 

Lundstrum running to 1 yard away from our player with the ball, just to take it off him repeatedly is actually my most hated part of all of our play.

Literally comes over to him and asks for the pass from a yard away.

That and his constant trying to play cute passes on the edge of our 18 yard line usually giving away possession.  

1 minute ago, molesmole said:

Some look very very off the pace or not sure on the instructions. Just all very slow and compact.

We have important competitive games coming up.

Seemed a bit out muscled and out played tonight.... know they got away with a lot and got lucky with deflections,  bit didn't test their keeper enough. 

Yes as you say we play compact and move from side to side teams know this and swing the ball over quick and counter it.

Lammers is the only one with pass marks tonight. Not good enough, preseason or not.

Cantwell hasn't got going yet. Question marks on Sima, and fullbacks are a major problem.

Get Yerry Mina, Cifuentus and Danillo in pronto.

Sell Davies, Barisic, Ridvan and Lundstarm.

In other words, a lot more work still to do than originally thought.

Beale has all the parts now. He needs to find a way to make this work but in all our games we've not created too much. Look disjointed and unsure of what positions individuals are 

Pre season so maybe the kind of performance we needed. We were shite and no more than that. Let's no judge new signings yet.

On another note I think our choice of pre season friendlies should have included some teams where we would have all the possession and be on the front foot to see how we perform against teams similar to what we'll be up against domestically.

1 minute ago, DiamondDan said:

It's a friendly, if Rangers had went out and horsed them 6 nil it would have meant nothing, and given absolutely no indication how the season will turn out. So same applies in reverse.  Judge them on games that mean something.

I don’t give a fuck about the score. What I care about is the shape, the performances, the style of play.

That was terrible. I only hope it was the amount of new bodies against a decent team, and that once we have a few weeks more we will start to see the team philosophy. Right now we seem very bereft of ideas and cutting edge.

Just now, Jelavic18 said:

We have a CL qualifier in less than 2 weeks.  Had this been our first pre-season friendly I'd agree but we should be in much better shape in preparation for these games.  

90% of this board were creaming their pants a few seasons back when we beat Real Madrid. It showed it was utterly meaningless when Malmo pumped us a few days later.

Last season Rabbi Mattondo looked like a player against West Ham,  he showed his real value when the league started.

Friendly matches are utterly irrelevant.