Abdallah Sima

GOAT

21 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I’ve not really taken to him as a footballer, but can’t argue with his goals return.

Moaned all the time about Kent’s lack of numbers, so can’t complain too much when he keeps sticking chances away. 

He has scored double the goals Kent did last season already.

Kent can't get a game for his new club now and has deleted all mention of them on his social media.

I'd much rather have Sima of the two. He is a team player and has a great attitude. I think Clement will develop him into a cracking player. 

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He has scored double the goals Kent did last season already.

Kent can't get a game for his new club now and has deleted all mention of them on his social media.

I'd much rather have Sima of the two. He is a team player and has a great attitude. I think Clement will develop him into a cracking player. 

There was a point early on where Sima had had a couple of early runs/chances that came to nothing. The play had stopped for some reason and Sima was over by Clement. Clement had his hand over Simas shoulder, said something to him and patted him on his way. Moments later Sima puts us 1 up. Here's hoping positive signs 

Have to put my hands up, I had written him off as the worst of the summer business early on.

He has proven me wrong big style and given me a bit of hope that with some decent coaching and man management our summer transfer business might not be an entire write off…

Seems he just a very natural finisher to me, he struggles with the rest of the game at the moment. 

You often find with players like him, at his age, he’s not good/experienced enough to be played in his natural position, and is pushed out wide where he looks like a fish out of water.

Theres plenty of room for PC to improve his game.

It too early to be talking of making him a permanent signing. It is frustrating that one of the better of the summer signings is one we don’t actually own. There is still too much football to play this season and time for his form to go either way. Also, I think the return of a fit Danilo can have a big impact to the front line. 

Rewatched the highlights from the weekend. I honestly thought his first goal in the europa was a fluke after first impressions of him but my oh my that guy knows where to put it.

Even his second was majestically placed. He will score the half chances that are so miserably wasted by others

I can’t see any scenario where he isn’t only here this season.

Brighton signed him for a fee that would be big money for us and if he continues to do well this season they will be looking to make a profit on him.

31 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I can’t see any scenario where he isn’t only here this season.

Brighton signed him for a fee that would be big money for us and if he continues to do well this season they will be looking to make a profit on him.

Yup, seems the most likely of scenarios.

Basically, the way to win these situations - is be the one that scouts Sima in the first place, we need to be getting in before these clubs.

He's definitely hit a bit of a purple patch, I just hope it isn't just that and he turns into a real player all season. 

As others have said, the better he performs, the higher his stock becomes, and rules us out of affording him. 

Best we can hope for is him leaving with a couple of trophies and a good run in Europe behind him. Also, would be good if we have inserted a sell on clause in his loan contract. 

2 hours ago, Smile said:

Did well so far seems to have real hunger and desire I wish more of the squad had that in them.

Aye a good work ethic. He’ll need to continue performing at a high standard if he wants a move back down south. Can only be good for us in trying to improve as a team and pick up more silverware.

2 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Aye a good work ethic. He’ll need to continue performing at a high standard if he wants a move back down south. Can only be good for us in trying to improve as a team and pick up more silverware.

Will also go a long way towards repairing our reputation for taking on loan players, after the aaron ramsey and diallo disasters

7 minutes ago, The Hammer 11 said:

Will also go a long way towards repairing our reputation for taking on loan players, after the aaron ramsey and diallo disasters

I get that but it’s a two way street. Diallo when at us just didn’t look ready to play a bigger part in our team. He matured and performed at Sunderland. There was also a lot of excitement around the Ramsey signing. He just never looked fit at us.

3 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Yup, seems the most likely of scenarios.

Basically, the way to win these situations - is be the one that scouts Sima in the first place, we need to be getting in before these clubs.

They paid £9m for him - doubt we could have got him for £3m or so even if did get in first. Also rich clubs (like Brighton) will now have a far wider scouting network than us (youtube lol) so chances they are going to be first in there now.  It's a losing battle now mate.

1 hour ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

They paid £9m for him - doubt we could have got him for £3m or so even if did get in first. Also rich clubs (like Brighton) will now have a far wider scouting network than us (youtube lol) so chances they are going to be first in there now.  It's a losing battle now mate.

I'm talking about earlier than that, we need to be essentially recruiting people to the youth academy.

3 hours ago, onlythestrongsurvive said:

They paid an “undisclosed fee” and doubt they paid £9 to slavia for a 19yr old. Tbh

On 23/10/2023 at 07:57, The true baller said:

Wouldn’t pay anything over 5, good player but just look at Brighton (and them) the players are there for small fees. Then again, he is only 22 so plenty of room for improvement, plus we can punt him for 12m+ if he keeps this up.

We wouldn’t get him for £5m. We would have possibly if we’d gone for him after the Slavia match (not that they would have sold to us, but you get what I’m saying).

He is completely out of our reach now IMO. We’ll just have to enjoy him for this season.

6 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

We wouldn’t get him for £5m. We would have possibly if we’d gone for him after the Slavia match (not that they would have sold to us, but you get what I’m saying).

He is completely out of our reach now IMO. We’ll just have to enjoy him for this season.

depends how he performs for the rest of the season. brighton have fucked it in the past in selling players, Gyokorekes left them for Coventry for about 900k, sold him for about 20m and he's now touted as a 50-60m striker.

I reckon if we really wanted him and he performed well we could get him for less than 10m.

2 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Don't agree tbh

23 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

I'm talking about earlier than that, we need to be essentially recruiting people to the youth academy.

Problem is how young - these teams are now paying millions on potential and/or giving young boys a shit load in wages, which we just can't afford / take the risk on.