Roofe

6superbarry6

7 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Mad we kept him around. Easiest 20 odd grand a week anyone will ever make.

Yea absolutely bonkers. You just know he will end up back down south and play loads of games same as Helander, mystery foot problem that disappeared not long after we released him. Just wonder what the fucks going on at times

2 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Folk saying he's stealing a wage, ffs - his goal midweek made us 3million plus - or is that forgotten now?

Guess a weeks a long time in football!

You could see how pissed off he was walking up the tunnel, shirt off and absolutely raging - guy is desperate to play.

We’re not a charity.

He is physically unable to fulfil the duties we pay him for.

Our patience and understanding has been more than most employers.

Time for a serious heart to heart - he can have no further part in our future.

Two strikers (one purchase, one loan) needed in January imo.

1 minute ago, JackAlex93 said:

The time has come? Should have been gone long before now

Don’t get that. One way or another, we were always going to be paying off his contract, and no club was going to take him off our hands with his persistent injury issues. If we’re paying the full salary anyway (because why would Roofe agree to less?) we might as well get use of him when we occasionally can. Doing that got us the goal that got us into the next Europa League round. 

To those saying he secured us big money in Europe, aye that's fair enough - but we pay money to sign players, wages, fees, whatever.

I'd guess with the amount we've been paying him, either through ourselves or insurance, he's due us some cashback.

But absolutely needs to retire. Fucked himself doing nothing, really. 

Made of milk, not even chocolate.

Fit and match sharp he is probably a player that is better than we could usually get and when fully fit is probably the best striker in Scotland.

But..... Barring a couple of short spells, he has never been fit and match sharp in 3.5yrs he has been at Rangers.

He has been a waste of a wage.

9 minutes ago, Badger said:

Fit and match sharp he is probably a player that is better than we could usually get and when fully fit is probably the best striker in Scotland.

But..... Barring a couple of short spells, he has never been fit and match sharp in 3.5yrs he has been at Rangers.

He has been a waste of a wage.

If he could stay fit he would be outstanding, there is a great player in him which is the most frustrating thing. You know you have a player that should and could be scoring important goals getting paid a big wage with little return.

50 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

We’re not a charity.

He is physically unable to fulfil the duties we pay him for.

Our patience and understanding has been more than most employers.

Time for a serious heart to heart - he can have no further part in our future.

Two strikers (one purchase, one loan) needed in January imo.

No ones suggesting we're a charity - but you sign players you accept the risk - and I assume you have them insured so to some extent his wages might be covered. No idea.

Has he been a success in terms of injuries, obviously not, but to suggest, as people on here have, that he's 'stealing a wage'. As if he's manipulating the situation. I think that's total bs.

He's clearly leaving at the end of the season - wish him well, though doubt he has much longer as a pro and wouldn't be surprised to see him retire at the end of the season

On 27/10/2023 at 21:23, AdzKyle said:

I like Roofe, he’s a cracking player. But he must be released at the end of the season. We can’t keep hoping that a guy who gets injured every other game he plays will suddenly stop being injury prone. He’s done. 

I will just quote myself to save me typing it out again. As above!