The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

11 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Craig Houston of SOS fame saying there’s some sort of news to come out of Club tomorrow.

Can't stand the guy, but I assume he still has some contacts.

This is the part where he seems to have been told something:

'Anyways, to add to the rumours, I believe something is happening at Ibrox tomorrow. Is it a sacking, a new manager, some new investment, boardroom change or new news of a commercial deal, I am not prepared to guess but with so much rumblings from within, I’d be shocked and stunned if nothing goes on in the main stand tomorrow'.

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

If we have genuine plans to appoint a DOF then we have to do that before we put a new manager in place. Doing anything other than that would be putting the cart before the horse.

Its not a massive issue. The new DOF will get the chance to appoint his own man in around 15 months when the newest board appointed disaster in the dug out is failing.

26 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Noticed Harry Watling posted a photo on his Instagram story last night of him and Beale before a match, with red, white and blue emojis on it. Just had a look again and it appears to be deleted.

Know we have a poor management team when I had to Google him, thought it was the big guy wae the glasses

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Look there’s always the chance he has the impact Postecoglu had but this immediate upgrade stuff is a leap.

I see Hibs are getting their new manager from a similar sort of pond.

Is it?

A guy appointed with a dozen games as a manager, vs a guy who’s won trophies in 2 countries isn’t really a leap.

Might turn out to be pish, but I’m not sure how it can be argued that it’s not an upgrade. 

5 minutes ago, ready1873 said:

Share it well

If Beale is to be sacked, as many are suggesting, it’s for poor results against Celtic and PSV, but for those savvy to media workings, it’s been obvious that the club, and in particular the CEO, have been preparing to pull the trigger and/or protect their own position previous to this latest run of losses.

Over a month ago Bisgrove was happy to be quoted in MSM about how much support Beale had financially and claimed he’d been supported enough to establish a Champions League challenging squad. This appeared to irk Beale who within days was on camera counter claiming “once the transfer window closes we will be near a break even on transfers”.

It would appear that despite a near £13/14m spend on transfer fees, the club have approx £3m net spend this window once transfer fees received have been deducted from the spend. £3m invested to a squad hardly constitutes a team to challenge in the CL once you consider last season’s disappointments in the group stages.

Others with an idea of how Fan Media currently works were able to see an obvious shift in slaughtering the manager which although valid, was obviously after those writing such stuff were comfortable that the club wouldn’t mind the manager receiving the brunt of social media postings and podcasts. This isn’t a slight on those within Fan Medua, it’s just how relationships work. No one is likely to bite the hand that feeds them.

If Beale is to lose his job then I don’t see many arguing against the decision. He’s totally failed to win the games that matter. Me and others though are left shaking our heads at how predictable the whole thing ended with those in power claiming “total support” despite their actions actually contradicting the words.

My biggest fear is we are becoming “that club” who work our way through countless managers and in turn make ourselves unpalatable for any decent manager to accept a role and we are left with those out of work options which although may include some decent managers, it will narrow the field of those available to us.

I also consider how we’ve treated managers over the most recent period of our history.

Beale - Lined up to take blame before results failed.

GVB - Had to endure the indignity of his replacement being courted in front of him in the directors box while he was still in the dug out.

Gerrard - Failed to be given the promised budget then told by chairman to go find a job.

Pedro - An unmitigated disaster who I believe was given a different role than he thought he was getting.

Warburton - I’m still confused to how his time ended. The polar positions described as “he resigned” to “I didn’t resign” are so opposite that it’s difficult to decipher the truth.

The removal of a manager is seldom smooth but the removal of most of ours in recent times have been very peculiar to say the least. Somethings just don’t add up.

Anyways, to add to the rumours, I believe something is happening at Ibrox tomorrow. Is it a sacking, a new manager, some new investment, boardroom change or new news of a commercial deal, I am not prepared to guess but with so much rumblings from within, I’d be shocked and stunned if nothing goes on in the main stand tomorrow.

Please please please Rangers, if we are to have a new manager, can you pick a good one and actually support him instead of the lip service support we have seen recently.

Something has to happen this weekend, to be announced Monday - for the supporters anyway.

In my mind and I'm sure in many others, there's absolutely no way Michael Beale can just walk in tomorrow and pretend everything is fine, when it's clearly fucked.

Fans don't want that.

Club shouldn't allow it either. 

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

IF Beale is to be binned, it’s amazing how they’ve managed to contain it so long without anyone leaking the news!

It’s why I genuinely now don’t think he will be.

I can see the vote of confidence coming tomorrow and him being away a week on Monday when we don’t beat st johnstone 

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

It’s why I genuinely now don’t think he will be.

I can see the vote of confidence coming tomorrow and him being away a week on Monday when we don’t beat st johnstone 

Aye, the longer it goes on, the more likely it’ll be ‘as you were’.

Thing is, we’ll probably limp along with a few regulation wins, before it all goes pear-shaped again at the next significant challenge.

Although you may well be right & that ‘next significant challenge’ turns out to be Saints 🙈

20 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

If Beale is to be sacked, as many are suggesting, it’s for poor results against Celtic and PSV, but for those savvy to media workings, it’s been obvious that the club, and in particular the CEO, have been preparing to pull the trigger and/or protect their own position previous to this latest run of losses.

Over a month ago Bisgrove was happy to be quoted in MSM about how much support Beale had financially and claimed he’d been supported enough to establish a Champions League challenging squad. This appeared to irk Beale who within days was on camera counter claiming “once the transfer window closes we will be near a break even on transfers”.

It would appear that despite a near £13/14m spend on transfer fees, the club have approx £3m net spend this window once transfer fees received have been deducted from the spend. £3m invested to a squad hardly constitutes a team to challenge in the CL once you consider last season’s disappointments in the group stages.

Others with an idea of how Fan Media currently works were able to see an obvious shift in slaughtering the manager which although valid, was obviously after those writing such stuff were comfortable that the club wouldn’t mind the manager receiving the brunt of social media postings and podcasts. This isn’t a slight on those within Fan Medua, it’s just how relationships work. No one is likely to bite the hand that feeds them.

If Beale is to lose his job then I don’t see many arguing against the decision. He’s totally failed to win the games that matter. Me and others though are left shaking our heads at how predictable the whole thing ended with those in power claiming “total support” despite their actions actually contradicting the words.

My biggest fear is we are becoming “that club” who work our way through countless managers and in turn make ourselves unpalatable for any decent manager to accept a role and we are left with those out of work options which although may include some decent managers, it will narrow the field of those available to us.

I also consider how we’ve treated managers over the most recent period of our history.

Beale - Lined up to take blame before results failed.

GVB - Had to endure the indignity of his replacement being courted in front of him in the directors box while he was still in the dug out.

Gerrard - Failed to be given the promised budget then told by chairman to go find a job.

Pedro - An unmitigated disaster who I believe was given a different role than he thought he was getting.

Warburton - I’m still confused to how his time ended. The polar positions described as “he resigned” to “I didn’t resign” are so opposite that it’s difficult to decipher the truth.

The removal of a manager is seldom smooth but the removal of most of ours in recent times have been very peculiar to say the least. Somethings just don’t add up.

Anyways, to add to the rumours, I believe something is happening at Ibrox tomorrow. Is it a sacking, a new manager, some new investment, boardroom change or new news of a commercial deal, I am not prepared to guess but with so much rumblings from within, I’d be shocked and stunned if nothing goes on in the main stand tomorrow.

Please please please Rangers, if we are to have a new manager, can you pick a good one and actually support him instead of the lip service support we have seen recently.

The only bit i don't really agree with in Houston's post there is the part about being backed. He's going with the "it's only a £3m nett spend" line, but £13m spent is £13m regardless of how much you bring in. 

Is he seriously suggesting we could or should have given Beale the guts of £25m? We'd be in an even worse position than we are now. 

I do agree that some of the methods of removal have been a bit unusual, but i don't think anyone could argue that the managerial removals weren't merited. 

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Let’s be honest “serial winners” and someone with “experience of winning trophies” likely rules out anyone not in a backwater of a league.

We play in a backwater league, we don’t need Pep to beat Kilmarnock and the likes, just someone with a bit of arrogance that will treat the utter shite we play with the contempt it deserves.