The Michael Beale Thread.

DavieMacRFC

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Still think we're being served up another season of shit if he stays.

It's inconceivable that he's still here at the end of the season - unless some kind of Disney level footballing miracle occurs. It's a matter of when not if as far as I'm concerned.

The big question is whether this board has the cojones to act before the season is a complete write-off.

3 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

True, but I think there will always be an element at that. He can't go and win the next 4 or 5 big matches then lose the 6th and cunts coming out with 'I told you so.'.

I don't think he will, however if he did go on a run of winning big games then like him or not he'd have to stay.

Winning ONE big game has proved impossible for him never mind a run of them :lol: If had anything about him as a manager he’d be sitting today with a couple of cups under his arm, and a free hit at another one, all in about a year. Instead he’s lost every single big game.

36 minutes ago, The Beast said:

It's inconceivable that he's still here at the end of the season - unless some kind of Disney level footballing miracle occurs. It's a matter of when not if as far as I'm concerned.

The big question is whether this board has the cojones to act before the season is a complete write-off.

Even Ted Lasso didn't win the league.

3 hours ago, B1872 said:

I think this is where all the frustration comes from re the support. Why wait until we get to that position? We all know it's inevitable that we'll fall further behind in the coming months thus writing off another season before Halloween. 

thats what @SkylineBlue was saying but got called out for wanting Rangers to lose :sarcasm:

the season got written off as soon as the board didnt sack him last week or even yesterday

1 minute ago, Rowley Birkin said:

thats what @SkylineBlue was saying but got called out for wanting Rangers to lose :sarcasm:

the season got written off as soon as the board didnt sack him last week or even yesterday

As I said in my response to @RFC55 , if you think there's even a slim chance that Beale can turn this around then I understand why what I said seems bonkers. I cant see any other outcome than Beale failing, so the failure happening quickly gives us a better chance to salvage a season. It only makes sense in that context.

1 hour ago, Bronzy said:

Prematch presser will be some laugh, can’t wait to hear what shite he comes out with this time.

Too much overloading in the legs in pre-season.

We seem to be doing well in transition.

I looked these players in the eye.

It is safe to say a club our size needs a DOF. To put the successes and failures on one man's head is naïve, and it made Beale feel infallible (he is not)

Bisgrove is a marketing genius, but we need more football brains to direct the club.

Magath, a shareholder, is a logical candidate, and if it goes south for MB in the coming weeks, he could step in as an interim coach until he finds the right candidate.

Still think he changed the squad too much in one go.  When he first came in last year, he indicated he had faith in the players we had and he could get them playing for him.  In a few months that changed to we needed a wholesale clear out.  Given Beale’s main selling point was/is his coaching ability, you would think that given we were going to Morelos, Kent, Arfield, Davis, etc, he might have hung on to the likes of Sakala and Colak and tried to improve and get more out of them.  At least, he knew what they could do (and what areas they needed to improve) whereas he doesn’t seem to have a clue about how to use the players he has brought in or what position/system to play them in.  Times running out fast for him if he doesn’t find this out quick style.  League Cup win and Europe after Christmas is minimum needed for him to survive, I think.

10 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Still think he changed the squad too much in one go.  When he first came in last year, he indicated he had faith in the players we had and he could get them playing for him.  In a few months that changed to we needed a wholesale clear out.  Given Beale’s main selling point was/is his coaching ability, you would think that given we were going to Morelos, Kent, Arfield, Davis, etc, he might have hung on to the likes of Sakala and Colak and tried to improve and get more out of them.  At least, he knew what they could do (and what areas they needed to improve) whereas he doesn’t seem to have a clue about how to use the players he has brought in or what position/system to play them in.  Times running out fast for him if he doesn’t find this out quick style.  League Cup win and Europe after Christmas is minimum needed for him to survive, I think.

Nah if anything more should have gone