*****The Official Rangers v Real Betis Match Thread*****

Jelavic18

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

One thing i wish is that we were more cynical off the ball, at one point the second half when the betis boy runs almost 40 yards away from tav, sima, tav again and then megs lundstram, i wish tav or sima just clatter him at the halfway line, take a booking and let us reshape

Butland made a good save down to his left but just wish we had that nasty bastard streak in us to stop attacks early doors

oh you mean the sort of things that makes a team winners

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I think you're both being slightly harsh. It wasn't so much about the finish but more about the touch before that which prevented him from opening his body to get a proper strike on the ball. At the pace he was running at the touch surely can be forgiven?

Yeah I think it’s the second touch, he took the first touch on his left then the second on his right. Just think it would be smoother if he could take both touches and the shot on his left to put it across the keeper

That’s all stuff we should be able to work on with him, if we can improve his decision making he’s a far better option than Ryan Kent was 

16 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

By the way, Isco aside, they are shite :lol:

They have guys who have played for Real Madrid and Barca.  We made them look worse than they are.  They are a top team but in the second half we just out played them and wanted it more.  You could see our confidence growing as the first half was ending and we just kept it for the second half.

One thing I will say is we need to play with a bit more confidence from the off. It’s like we spend 25/30 minutes shitting ourselves from the opposition and the ball before we realise we’ve been awful and they’ve not actually done much then start playing 

Particularly at home I’d just like to see that bit of confidence from the off