Dessers

BigBearButt

5 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

He's been absolutely awful, and although he doesn't appear to excell in any particular area of play, he was clearly being played wrongly by Beale.

To me, he needs a partner up front, someone who can work with him and bring him into the game. I'm in no way comparing the abilities of both players, but when we played Kris Boyd as a lone striker, he was generally awful. He needed a strike partner to do the leg work while he did the important part of scoring goals. 

He and Danilo may be a good partnership, as Danilo is a hard worker and has some pace. 

Don't know if that suits Danilo, from what I've seen (admittedly not enough so far) Danilo looks better up front himself. The Livingston game when Matondo and Sima came on out wide and the St. Johnstone game before the injury spring to mind.

Just now, stuart1994 said:

Don't know if that suits Danilo, from what I've seen (admittedly not enough so far) Danilo looks better up front himself. The Livingston game when Matondo and Sima came on out wide and the St. Johnstone game before the injury spring to mind.

Danilo has definitely got more about him, but from what i've seen so far likes to drop deeper to get involved. 

You could be right there though. Recruitment has been pretty poor though in the sense of getting players for specific positions. 

2 hours ago, Iakona said:

Outstanding contribution. Great point well made. Credit to the forum.

I'll expand then

We are midway through October and he hasn't shown us anything to suggest he will come good. Usually you can see if a player has got something about him but we've yet to see it. It was actually comical watching him against Aberdeen at Ibrox. Running in to players and giving away daft free kicks and then the chance he scooped over the bar.

6 hours ago, Negri's lovechild said:

He's been absolutely awful, and although he doesn't appear to excell in any particular area of play, he was clearly being played wrongly by Beale.

To me, he needs a partner up front, someone who can work with him and bring him into the game. I'm in no way comparing the abilities of both players, but when we played Kris Boyd as a lone striker, he was generally awful. He needed a strike partner to do the leg work while he did the important part of scoring goals. 

He and Danilo may be a good partnership, as Danilo is a hard worker and has some pace. 

But Danilo would have to do the leg work and score the goals because Dessers is absolutely shite. 

On 19/10/2023 at 21:30, Smile said:

I can still remember that great pass Dessers found Danilo with to finish lets not right him off till he played under an actual manager.

The ball to Matondo against PSV was outstanding .

Watching him it’s obvious that confidence was a huge problem with him .He really struggled with the simple stuff .Usually with a change of manager one or 2 players have a positive reaction that transforms them .Could Dessers be one ,Time will tell .We definitely need at least 2 huge improvements in the guys playing up top .

1 minute ago, Broxi said:

Good he got a goal, hopefully see Danilo start the next game though.

Also think Roofe would absolutely thrive in a game like we had today 

There is an argument Roofe has offered less than Dessers this season. Not sure why people still believe he is the answer.

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

There is an argument Roofe has offered less than Dessers this season. Not sure why people still believe he is the answer.

We know Roofe is a good player, he's got 26 goals in 50 league games for us, often from the bench.

And I think that style of play today would suit him massively.

FWIW I don't think any of the 3 strikers are the answer. I think Roofe is good enough to get us through and have hope that Danilo will offer at least something. 

Edit: Wiki fucked me on the number of games he's played this seaosn, changed it

4 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I thought he was really effective today.

This. Thought he was good today and as above deserved his goal. Took it very well. Think we’ve all been his biggest critic but hopefully we are eating our words in a couple of weeks time.

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

He's only played 3 games this season...

We know Roofe is a good player, he's got 26 goals in 50 league games for us, often from the bench.

FWIW I don't think any of the 3 strikers are the answer. I think Roofe is good enough to get us through and have hope that Danilo will offer at least something. 

You've made that up

Just now, King Jela said:

Excellent finish. Hopefully with Cantwell back and finding him with Messi-esque passes like the one today will get him scoring regularly.

I know the story will be all about the vision and execution of Cantwell's pass - and it was sublime - Desser's positioning and movement was excellent. In fact it was great all game. 

You need to try and look at it objectively. He still has a lot to convince most he's worthy but found some good positions today. Good run off the shoulder for Sima's second, albeit he fucked up the finish himself. Found a pocket and had a good finish for his goal. Had another volley in the first half could have maybe done better with but again found space in the box to get there. Hopefully some confidence helps him.

9 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Edit: Wiki fucked me on the number of games he's played this seaosn, changed it

He's got 26 in 50, before he had over a year out.

2 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I know the story will be all about the vision and execution of Cantwell's pass - and it was sublime - Desser's positioning and movement was excellent. In fact it was great all game. 

I don't think there's anything wrong with his positioning and movement, the problem is he makes Kris Boyd look like Usain Bolt. 

He worked hard today and I'm glad he got his goal (excellent goal as well) 

More of that from him hopefully.