Dessers

BigBearButt

Toiled a fair bit first half, but better second. Hugely unfortunate not to have 2 goals and had some good setup work.

As expected, the mouth breathers were all over him from the 5th minute. Also as usual he was getting grief for things that weren't his fault. High balls v 2 CBs and having basically no chance and for not closing the goalie when all he'd have been doing was taking himself out of play. 

I also get the feeling that the boss had a word with cantwell with one of his passes for Dessers. Was a ball for a guy with pace, and all you're doing if you play a ball like that for Dessers is setting him up to fail. Gaffer immediately dragged Cantwell for a word and I wouldn't be surprised if it was along those lines.

38 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You need to try and look at it objectively. He still has a lot to convince most he's worthy but found some good positions today. Good run off the shoulder for Sima's second, albeit he fucked up the finish himself. Found a pocket and had a good finish for his goal. Had another volley in the first half could have maybe done better with but again found space in the box to get there. Hopefully some confidence helps him.

I've slaughtered him on here but thought he done well today. 

Even the one Lammers hit the post, he held the guy off, then tapped it to him. Done well for Simas 2nd, and showed good composure for the goal he got himself. 

Maybe he can kick on having scored a decent goal. 

I sincerely hope he does well here. I haven’t been slow to criticise him and that’s more from frustration at opportunities lost - got to realise he’s only human and sometimes the harder you try to score the more difficulties you have. Fingers crossed  his score today helps him relax and build confidence and he can push on from it and win the doubters over.

I thought it was good management keeping him and Lammers on as the game was won at 3. Taking them off would have done more damage to their confidence at that point but he kept them on knowing if something came off then it would me positive for them both. It worked a treat 👏👏

Actually think Lammers is far worse than Dessers. Offers absolutely nothing. Can’t do anything right.

Pleased he got his goal, he needed it, and the  fans responded well to it and then him coming off right after. Hopefully goes on to find some form, but he’s never the answer for us longterm. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Actually think Lammers is far worse than Dessers. Offers absolutely nothing. Can’t do anything right.

Pleased he got his goal, he needed it, and the  fans responded well to it and then him coming off right after. Hopefully goes on to find some form, but he’s never the answer for us longterm. 

Was his pass that created the 3rd.

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Yeah, I'm thinking that too. Lammers does work hard in a game but he's pretty ineffective tbh. 

I hope Dessers can kick on, he was pretty complimentary of our fans in his post match interview, and looked happy he had scored a well taken goal.