Dessers

BigBearButt

3 hours ago, STRUTH82 said:

Again today with an out and out striker we'd have had the game put to bed far earlier and from open play.

In fact, Colak would have been on 20+ goals in this side 

Colak has scored 3 goals in 17 games this season, so hard to say how many he would have scored for us. 

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s not like Dessers is Sakala quick. Hes pretty average. Sure if you make me I’ll find a goal where Colak breaks through to score. 

Certainly not as often, and he was nowhere near as strong. There was a point one of the St Johnstone players just bounced off him.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Think that’s nonsense tbh. 

It really isn’t. Good finisher as he was he is/was incredibly slow with zero threat in behind.

Dessers and Colak both nice guys but for some bizarre reason Colak is held in this incredibly high regard by comparison.

Dessers is a natural number nine and gets into good positions by anticipating play waiting for the ball to come to him. Silva in the other hand uses lots of energy chasing the ball around the park. As frustrating as Dessers is, I believe he will ultimately give a greater return than Silva. 

He just needs to shoot much earlier and stop overthinking every chance.  Shoot on sight.  His movement is excellent but he has no killer instinct.  If he starts shooting within 3/4 touches instead of trying to walk everything in then we will see better conversion rates.

8 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

He just needs to shoot much earlier and stop overthinking every chance.  Shoot on sight.  His movement is excellent but he has no killer instinct.  If he starts shooting within 3/4 touches instead of trying to walk everything in then we will see better conversion rates.

I think that goes for too many of our players. Lawrence had a chance but took forever in a day to set himself to shoot.

For dessers I still think he is trying too hard to impress. But then so would I if every time I scored and looked good I was dropped for the next game 😂

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

It really isn’t. Good finisher as he was he is/was incredibly slow with zero threat in behind.

Dessers and Colak both nice guys but for some bizarre reason Colak is held in this incredibly high regard by comparison.

Because Colak consistently finished his chances and Dessers consistently fucks up his chances. Would pick Colak over Dessers every day of the week

Not going to overexaggerate how good Colak was either but there was a feeling at the time he was here that, sure he won't create things out of nothing, but if a chance fell to him then it was going into the net. And not just tap ins or poaches either, some proper strikes and some nice plays like his second vs St Mirren in the 4-0 match etc.

7 hours ago, Broxi said:

Because Colak consistently finished his chances and Dessers consistently fucks up his chances. Would pick Colak over Dessers every day of the week

Not going to overexaggerate how good Colak was either but there was a feeling at the time he was here that, sure he won't create things out of nothing, but if a chance fell to him then it was going into the net. And not just tap ins or poaches either, some proper strikes and some nice plays like his second vs St Mirren in the 4-0 match etc.

I absolutely agree. If Colak had played in this team he would score a load more goals than Dessers. Colak wasn’t perfect but, he was a very good finisher. Despite Dessers recent upturn in form , it is clear that he is never going to be a prolific goal scorer. It is a shame that Colak got injured and then never seemed to be favoured by Beale. 

Either way, I hope we move him on in the summer. He's just not what we need. Yes I understand when you have one striker the other players have to contribute but when playing one striker we really need him to be as clinical as possible. I fear for games in which we don't have a large amount of chances.

11 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Colak cost less than £2m and his finishing was light years ahead of Dessers. That’s why he’s held in higher regard. If he’d been retained and had played the same number of games as Dessers has this season I’ve absolutely no doubt he would’ve had a lot more goals. 

47 minutes ago, EngineeRFC said:

Either way, I hope we move him on in the summer. He's just not what we need. Yes I understand when you have one striker the other players have to contribute but when playing one striker we really need him to be as clinical as possible. I fear for games in which we don't have a large amount of chances.

Fully agree, we need a clinical couple of strikers that in those 1v1 situations is either a goal or a worldie of a save. It's what we're likely missing the most atm.