Dessers

BigBearButt

1 hour ago, Roy Hobbs said:

His xG being greater than his G tells you exactly what we all know, he's not a clinical finisher. He's also not shite either though, and he's nowhere near the worst striker we've ever had.

I'm not sure where you got this. Shankland was +1 on xG and Dessers -1...hardly earth shattering differences there.

9 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

I'm not sure where you got this. Shankland was +1 on xG and Dessers -1...hardly earth shattering differences there.

Big difference when you remove penalties and compare like for like. Shankland missed 3 out of 6 penalties that have an xG of 0.75.

Good strikers outperform their xG. Although it's interesting that last season Haaland had 27 goals from an xG of 31.65 so they also miss plenty chances as well and getting in the positions to score is just as important.

The amount of chances he seems to get is incredible.

His decision making is terrible and will cost us time after time.

The amount of times he takes what would/could be an easy chance and turns it into a more difficult one by cutting back or poor footwork etc 

Same with when you think just lay it off first time rather than take 3 touches then the assist has gone.

He has a real knack of making horrific decisions but still getting 2 or 3 superb chances every game.

Unlucky not to score before he did, terrific save from the header.  Just as well he was offside at his 1st half header because it was woeful.  All round contribution was above average.  Took his goal well.  We move on and see what he does at the weekend.  He's not currently our biggest problem, but for sure he can't be our #1 striker either, unless he has a streak and becomes prolific.

Dessers is far below the top quality we’ve had previously but is far from the biggest issue in our squad. He misses plenty but his numbers are far better than many think. Even when we hopefully bring in Shankland I would still keep Dessers as he offers something different and provides options. I’m more concerned with players like Wright still starting important matches who have been nowhere near good enough for seasons now. 

4 hours ago, adam2102 said:

Don’t back down, double down. 😂

Who's better?

This is the state the squad is in. You could replace any starter last night from the bench and none would have a more negative impact on the team than replacing Dessers. It isn't even a reasonable argument. 

2 hours ago, RockwellGers said:

My thoughts exactly. Vintage Dessers performance, fluff a few chances, piss everyone off, then score a great, important goal. 

I'll post my song idea once again as it's still as relevant:

He's shite

He's great

He's shite and then he's great 

Cyriel Dessers, Cyriel Dessers

He's shite

He's great

A lot more shite than great

Cyriel Dessers....

What chances did he fluff last night?

9 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Who's better?

This is the state the squad is in. You could replace any starter last night from the bench and none would have a more negative impact on the team than replacing Dessers. It isn't even a reasonable argument. 

Still absolutely steaming?

Kelly for Butland is a slightly bigger drop than Dessers for Danilo...

Our best player was on the bench last night anyway.

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Sterling’s our best player.

A last minute equaliser, which was a good goal, doesn’t change the fact he’s still not good enough.

Sterling has a decent attitude and a great engine on him but he's average as fuck in his best positions and utterly shite in other areas of the park where he has been played. The fact that nobody knows his best position or that he has been unable to make himself a nailed on starter in any one of those positions makes it a wild statement that he's our best player.

I said to you last week that Dessers is one of the first names on the team sheet and absolutely stand by that. 

4 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Sterling has a decent attitude and a great engine on him but he's average as fuck in his best positions and utterly shite in other areas of the park where he has been played. The fact that nobody knows his best position or that he has been unable to make himself a nailed on starter in any one of those positions makes it a wild statement that he's our best player.

I said to you last week that Dessers is one of the first names on the team sheet and absolutely stand by that. 

Wtf are you watching? 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Still absolutely steaming?

Kelly for Butland is a slightly bigger drop than Dessers for Danilo...

Our best player was on the bench last night anyway.

Is that us back at hoping that players who have yet to prove anything in a Rangers shirt are better than the guys on the pitch? 

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Average and utterly shite :lol: 

You said he’s the first, and he still isn’t.